No announcement yet.

Outside recognition of DF courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone be in the PDF/RDF and civil defence at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
      i think this topic was flogged to death on here before mate - i'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
        AFAIK - no
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

It's not unheard of though, not sure how to pull it off, but I know of one person that was PDF and CD at the same time

Comment

on the topic of "Outside recognition of DF courses" - it's good to see that the British Army are in some cases letting lads who have recently been discharged from the Irish DF and apply to join the British Army to skip Phase 1 of basic training and join direct into Phase 2 - in recognition of the individuals service / courses completed in the Irish DF.

MOD: Warning - do not make this another recruiting for the BA thread!
            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 25 March 2010, 23:10.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              on the topic of "Outside recognition of DF courses" - it's good to see that the British Army are in some cases letting lads who have recently been discharged from the Irish DF and apply to join the British Army to skip Phase 1 of basic training and join direct into Phase 2 - in recognition of the individuals service / courses completed in the Irish DF.

What about civvie medics with DF experience??
              Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

it was actually a well earned appreciation of service within the Irish DF.

i take it the appreciation is not appreciated then.
                Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 25 March 2010, 23:12.
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Rex please explain the cough/cough what is wrong with waht Luchi said ?
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    Rex please explain the cough/cough what is wrong with waht Luchi said ?
                    Am also a wee bit curious, as we have been told that we cannot do repairs to the vehicles,
                    that the vehicles have to be "snagged" for the Workshops

Maybe they are more enlightened in W Bde, that is no bad thing if so....

If that WAS the case, we have AT LEAST one civvy qual'd HVM in the unit I can think of, who
                    would be kept busier than he currently is....
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

REX I was actually refering to an incident that actually happened which I have posted about previously.

The WS in McKee refused to give us the side light bulbs as one of us would need to be a DF fitter in order to change them.

We went to CBB tech stores, borrowed a screwdriver from 62 CIS and did it ourselves.

We currently have 2 trucls off the road, and have been for 2 weeks, because they need dash board light bulbs. Bucause trhe vehicles were snagged and are in the system we cannot get them back and do it ourselves.

I would bet where REX is this sh1t does not happen but also it wouldn't happen if it was a vehicle needed by a PDF unit.

BTW we can no longer fill our vehicles in McKee bks in the evenings as the OS has been instructed to do "essential fills only"
                      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

I don't think Rex is a million miles away from us, tbh. Usual comms problem.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Last I knew he was WBde.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Originally posted by Traumagod View Post
                            What about civvie medics with DF experience??
                            i honestly don't know Traumagog - but i'm sure your civvie med skills along with military experience would be greatly appreciated and put to good use where needed most.

depending on your service with the Irish DF and the quals you had - you might end up doing the full RAMC training - Rod and Serpent would know better - he was a combat medic in Afghan and should be able to give you more info as to what med skills are recognised or not.
                            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 26 March 2010, 12:55.
                            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                              i honestly don't know Traumagog - but i'm sure your civvie med skills along with military experience would be greatly appreciated and put to good use where needed most.

depending on your service with the Irish DF and the quals you had - you might end up doing the full RAMC training - Rod and Serpent would know better - he was a combat medic in Afghan and should be able to give you more info as to what med skills are recognised or not.
                              Cheers RGJ, thanks for the reply.
                              Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                He must be a FETAC instructor, question is - has the instructor passed the DF manual handling instructors course?
                                He is and AFIK he has.

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                The recognition comes from the course content, and not where it is awarded.
                                Thats how it should be.
                                However the recognition of the course depends on the availability of the syllabus and the issuing of an academic transcript showing the standard achieved.
                                Since the course syllibi in general are not in the public domain and the DF don't issue academic transcripts recognition is difficult if not impossible.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Working...
                                X