No announcement yet.

IPLCS For sale in the Brugha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt expect to get the issue one am very tempted to get the British Dpm one form RVops just not overly keen on it in Brit Dpm have tried to get the OG version from Great Outdoors but apparently they cant get it anymore Looks like its rvops has anyone dealt with them before? Any feedback?

Cheers Lads
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Got mine in Brit dpm, only because they didn't have OG. It was quite bright when I first got it but the dirt and abuse its received over the past two year's has dulled it down enough to the point where at about 30 feet you can't tell the difference between it and the Irish DPM one.
      Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

To the stores?? Really??
        per Admin Instr L3

On Repayment

5.11 Authorised Officers shall requisition clothing in respect of articles found to be deficient, or found to have been rendered unserviceable through neglect, by way of repayment only. The Authorised Officer shall refer to the criteria outlined at para. 5.8 above and the notional period as set out in the appropriate Tables of these Instructions for the purpose of assessing the percentage amount of the purchase cost of the items to be recouped from an individual. The Authorised Officer shall then insert on the clothing form the percentage amount of the current cost (as set out on the DFM&AS) of the items to be recouped from the individual. The Authorised Officer shall forward the clothing form to the unit Adjutant, who shall process the deduction through the relevant section in DoD, Finance Branch, Áras an tSáile, Renmore, Galway
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Also applies when you lose an item, you will be charged and have to pay the balance of the nominal value

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            per Admin Instr L3
            Yes, I know all that tripe, but what do you mean whan you say this...

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            where you the soldier must pay the cash value of the item to the stores
            The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
            (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Also applies when you lose an item, you will be charged and have to pay the balance of the nominal value
              Pay for the lost item and the cost of the replacement............
              To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
                Pay for the lost item and the cost of the replacement............
                No. He said "pay the balance of the nominal value"
                The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.

Comment

The Authorised Officer shall forward the clothing form to the unit Adjutant, who shall process the deduction through the relevant section in DoD, Finance Branch, Áras an tSáile, Renmore, Galway
                  comes out of your pay

Comment

Exactly. Deducted at source as opposed to paying the stores.

Comment

is that all you were worried about ? oh dear.

Comment

Not really worried as such. I just thought that the purpose of these threads would be to clarify things for the younger soldiers on the board rather than misinforming them with such statements as "paying the cash value of items to the stores" or "pay for the lost item and the cost of repayment" (not written by you so stand easy).

There are a few things that I could say about your last post but unlike you I won't resort to pettiness. I will however say that I expected something a bit more from you. You disappointed me there.

Anyway, enough of this thread for me. Enjoy it.

Comment

Well why on earth didn't you say so in the first place ?

The net effect [ that if you are deficient in kit ] was what I was trying to get over to people, not the repayment method, the DoD would get its pound of flesh in any event.

Comment

And it probably goes to the clothing budget anyway in other to replace the item, in effect paying the stores.

Comment

Is it a common occurence for the larger items Battlevest Daysack Berge to go missing they are not exactly on the same level as a set of keys and with the new IPLCS being Serial Numbered its ot hard to trace so it can hardly be sold?? Although i do remember seeing a new Bergen and Daysack on fleabay a while ago!!
                              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

No but for example your way to a course and stop to get coffee, car broken into and DF property stolen.

You are charged (in PA sense) and charged (in money).

Comment

Working...
                                X