IPLCS For sale in the Brugha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&S

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
      RGJ, can you buy the SA80 cleaning kits through stores? If so, I may be PMing you to hook me up
      Certa Cito - I'll keep my eye out for one of the 'Operational Cleaning Kits' instead of the standard issue ones.

and no lads - i'm open to most things but sorry, i won't be passing on or selling any kit through here or eBay or any other means!

it's a pity your kit is so restricted.

i mean look at this for example:

www - Irish Army Smock - NOT for sale to Ireland!

that's mad - as a resident of the UK i can buy British Army kit AND Irish Army kit but you guys as residents of the Republic of Ireland can buy British Army kit but not Irish Army kit?!

someone is having a Toffee Crisp!
      Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 15 April 2010, 17:28.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

[QUOTE=piper_69;296826]
        Originally posted by Barry View Post
        The stuff is actually quite expensive - it's all made by Lowe Alpine (not a subcontractor manufacturing the same design - Lowe Alpine makes it all), QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? I was told that they had sub contracted to the far east.
        Lowe Alpines manufacturing facility is in Vietnam.No sub contracting.Yes our helmets and CBA are also serial numbered.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          Yes our helmets and CBA are also serial numbered.
          jesus christ - and i thought the British Army took the p|ss when it came to accounting for equipment?! lol
          Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 15 April 2010, 17:23.
          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post

it's a pity your kit is so restricted.

i mean look at this for example:

www - Irish Army Smock - NOT for sale to Ireland!

that's mad - as a resident of the UK i can buy British Army kit AND Irish Army kit but you guys as residents of the Republic of Ireland can buy British Army kit but not Irish Army kit?!!
            hang on - am i missing a business opportunity here?!
            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 15 April 2010, 17:30.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

my issued boots (2 pairs) are Lowa Mountain GTX which cost about £160 a pair - they aren't serial numbered.

a bergen won't cost more than perhaps €150 and a chest rig about €100 - that amount is pittance to any Army.

given that Lowa are contracted by the Irish DF then they should have large stock of Irish pattern cordura.

are your helmets serial numbered? and body armour too?

why control bergens and webbing to such an extent that you have lads in the Irish DF using British DPM or other nations kit instead of your own because they can't get their hands on it?

we can go to the stores and go diffy virtually any bit of kit we like - no questions asked unless you are in there every other week you will be stood in the QM's office for tea without biscuits.

if you are going to have buckshee kit - then let it be Irish patten DPM!

what's the big deal?
              To stop them selling it, to encourage them to take care of it, traceability of all stores is part of the whole DF (ANYTHING that has a serial number has to be checked monthly at the very least).

The difference is that everyone in the PDF has been issued this kit (even cadre got the knee & elblow pads). Thats a fair amount of money and it means they don't have to buy it!!)

The RDF on the other hand get next to nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                even cadre got the knee & elblow pads
                Would an ass pad not have been more useful to them?

Comment

Are you really telling us that the British Army dont number their kit
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                    Pity we don't have some sort of PX system. It would mean that Reserves could get this kit from Grat money
                    This will never happen because if you buy it yourself it's your property and you can sell it on if you want
                    CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

jesus christ - and i thought the British Army took the p|ss when it came to accounting for equipment?! lol
                      It seems like overkill except that a guy "known to Gardaí" as they say was shot in the car park of a Dublin pub last year, turns out he had DF issued body armour on, apparently doesn't stop rounds in the head!
                      Who knew!http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...lies/shock.gif

Comment

The serial no.s etc. has a lot more to do with the chaos that was the Irish system of issuing gear. Lots of stuff went missing, wasn't issued, disappeared into storage only to reappear many years later covered in mould.

There were issues with stuff being ordered that was never used - stuff going into Qs stores that no one wanted or needed only for more of it to show up.

The serial no.s & computerisation has a lot more to do with tracking what is being used, watching when stocks get low, when is the best time to place new orders etc.

Serial No.s for helmets etc. is a different story. Given that there are x number of units which have to last for a long time, there is not much room for stuff to go missing. And a once off new order for 500 new helmets costs a LOT more per helmet than the original order.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          Are you really telling us that the British Army dont number their kit
                          we don't number bergens, webbing, helmets, body armour (plates are numbered for integrity purposes tho), ghillie suits or anything else like that.

even our ceremonial tunics / uniforms which cost several hundreds of pounds are not serial numbered.

you lose it you get billed for it - simple.

if you haven't got it or want another one - just go to the stores and get a new one - simple.

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                          The serial no.s & computerisation has a lot more to do with tracking what is being used, watching when stocks get low, when is the best time to place new orders etc.
                          trust me - as a SNCO i've done hundreds of equipment checks, stores checks and 'Board of Officers' inspections - having stuff serial numbered in no way aids quantity checks or ordering.

our stores are all computerised too.

if it's not on the shelf then the item must be issued and signed for.

no need to serial number it.

you all seem to think that the stores are for STORING by the sounds of it.

with attitudes like this you will never get the kit out to the troops who deserve it - including the RDF.

stop over accounting for equipment and get it issued.
                          Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 15 April 2010, 18:34.
                          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Certa Cito - I'll keep my eye out for one of the 'Operational Cleaning Kits' instead of the standard issue ones.
                            Cheers lads!

I've still got my SA80 cleaning kit from my old barmy-army days, but you know yourself, the brushes get ****ed up the more you use them etc etc. Besides, I'd like to have a small pool of decent cleaning kits to dish out among the lads in my unit who'd really benefit from having their own cleaning kits, particularly as my wire brushes seem to always do the rounds after firing; so RGJ, if you come across any buckshee, I'll make sure there's a beer or four in it for you!
                            Last edited by SwiftandSure; 15 April 2010, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                              Cheers lads!

I've still got my SA80 cleaning kit from my old barmy-army days, but you know yourself, the brushes get ****ed up the more you use them etc etc. Besides, I'd like to have a small pool of decent cleaning kits to dish out among the lads in my unit who'd really benefit from having their own cleaning kits, particularly as my wire brushes seem to always do the rounds after firing; so RGJ, if you come across any buckshee, I'll make sure there's a beer or four in it for you!
                              All thats needed for cleaning the Steyr is a Pull Through, Flannel and Oil.
                              Why do you need brushes?
                              Theres 2 brushes with the Steyr Cleaning Kit but you dont even need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Border Bunny View Post
                                All thats needed for cleaning the Steyr is a Pull Through, Flannel and Oil.
                                Why do you need brushes?
                                Errr - for cleaning.... otherwise they would not need to be part of the kit to begin with !

Theres 2 brushes with the Steyr Cleaning Kit but you dont even need them.
                                What is this mythical item of which you speak ?
                                Last edited by Truck Driver; 16 April 2010, 20:22.
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X