No announcement yet.

Troops train with €5m simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as i dont have to explain what that term means Goldie, then you are absolutely correct
    Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

did the naval service get electronic battalship yet!! the manual version is a bit long in the tooth
      "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Or, more importantly,did the Air Corps get combat flight sim 3 yet ??? :flagwave:
        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Steel Beasts (Available in the Budget Section of your local EB these days, I think for about $30) is being used by tankers of quite a few militaries. There are also a few 'special' versions, for example, but most of those features will be available in SB 2 anyway...) Perhaps the Cavalry Corps could look at it? :-)

NTM
          Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

5 mill on basicley a computer game!, It might help with large scale battles, but can you do that with the Mills laser sys. (Basicley Paitball)

Comment

5 Million on a TEWT simulator so the officers don't have to use their Calculators. Sounds good does it to down to Section and Plt. Tactics??

or maybe thats the 3m SIM

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

"The Irish are represented by red symbols, while the enemy is blue."

I was always taught that enemy were in red and we were blue, like blue on blue?

Does this 5m piece of kit not conform to standard military practices???

Comment

Future Immersive Training Environment (FITE)

U.S. Marines from 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment walk through a scenario during a Future Immersive Training Environment (FITE) joint capability technology demonstration at Camp Lejeune, N.C., March 3, 2010. FITE is part of a broad U.S. Joint Forces Command campaign to enhance ground-based simulation through realistic, immersive training.
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Sometimes these simulators provide unexpected scenarios.

Skippy, the Killer Kangaroo

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Aiken View Post
                      "The Irish are represented by red symbols, while the enemy is blue."

I was always taught that enemy were in red and we were blue, like blue on blue?

Does this 5m piece of kit not conform to standard military practices???
                      Hasn't anyone told you we're the bad guys

Comment

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

That reminds me of a game called Full Spectrum Warrior, I remember it was kinda fun.
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Is VBS2 a spin off of ARMA II? Or the other way around? It's got to be the same game engine either way.
                            I've seen the Irish PDF addon for ARMA II, and it looks good.

Comment

Full Spectrum Warrior game play. Basically you control a squad of 8, with 2 fire teams. Its all about getting into cover, observation etc. Was based on piece of training software if I remember correctly.
                              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                                Is VBS2 a spin off of ARMA II? Or the other way around? It's got to be the same game engine either way.
                                I've seen the Irish PDF addon for ARMA II, and it looks good.
                                they are made by the same crowd, VBS2 is designed purely for the military. Arma 2 is a game
                                Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

Working...
                                X