What do you know about these two RDF units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know about these two RDF units

im thinking of joining the RDF, too old (27??) for PDF army, im based in balbriggan, nearest units are 8 inf Bat B drogheda or 7 inf swords...

which do you reckon I should i join and why???

how often to RDF units meet and do they do stuff EVERY weekend?

cheers
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

well its B coy 7th infantry in swords.... there ok...i guess....
    but seriousily they also collect their troops on training nights and useally go away once a month at least!

why dont you just go to each unit on their training nights and see what their like before you go commeting yourself to anything!
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

ok....

well im looking at drogheda as being closer to balbriggan, but not by much, but swords as being a dub based unit (nothin wrong with the drogs tho)

i dont know much about the RDF other what i occasionally see here.

what nights do they meet on, what do you do at each meeting, how long are they, is it more serious now than the old Free Clothes Association type of organisation?

is it good craic, challenging, exciting, tough, rewarding???

enlighten me please!!!
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Everything I've heard or seen tells me you're spoilt for choice, Morpheus. But the 7 Bn gets my vote, by a whisker, and that is only because I have never seen the 8 Bn in action.
        Take these men and women for your example.
        Like them, remember that posterity can only
        be for the free; that freedom is the sure
        possession of those who have the
        courage to defend it.
        Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
        If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

:D Morpheus,
          Being with the 8Bn I would say go with them. But I have also trained with some of the 7th and on the whole they are not a bad lot.
          As T.I.M. said give them both a try and find out for yourself.
          :-patriot: :-patriot:

Comment

how do i go about joining? do i just drop in or should i call someone? i like the sound of the 8B.

How long will it take me to be sworn in?

Comment

The number for B coy 8 Bn is in teh phone book,
              or i guess you can call into the office in the slua hall, it on the noth side of drogheda, they train in gormanstown camp on training nights, don't know what night that is.

Comment

Can someone from the former B Coy 8th Bn (now 67th) PM me please, cheers
                Last edited by Steamy Window; 11 November 2005, 02:40.
                "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Working...
                X