Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Tips For GPMG??

Hi Guys

Was just wondering if anyone had any tips for cleaning the Mag , I am firing it in the All Army and was wondering if you had any tips or Quick ways to clean it as doin it on my own takes a lot of time , Iv been using the Spare Parts wallet combined with the brushes from the Steyr cleaning kit and a few other bits i got from the stores! Are there any other cleaning products or tools that would help speed the job up?? Apart from Scouring Pad!!

Thanks in Advance

CW
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Brute force and ignorance. Dip the thing in oil and scrape off the carbon with a knife. Just takes elbow grease and manpower get your buddies to help.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

plenty of dw40..the minute you are finished saturate the weapon in it and use your mag team to help..green scrubbing pads and elbow grease...no matter how you try it takes time and should be repeated for a few days to have a ordnance inspection ready weapon
      Last edited by golden rivet; 18 April 2010, 15:04.

Comment

Mud.... you are competing against 2 people from my sub-unit

Comment

give it to someone else

always worked for me
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Diesel, works a treat on the weapon.
            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

there is no magic with the GPMG
              a good hard bristle tooth brush can be handy( phosphor bronze is better if you can get one ) .
              a Gustaf or browning cleaning rod head takes a good bit of 4x2 and is handy for cleaning hard to reach areas .
              marigolds laugh if you want but its hard to clean a weapon when your own hands are filthy clean them with baby wipes every so often .
              if you can get your hands on some clp or similar its much better then oil for cleaning .
              most of the tools in the cleaning kit can be replaced with a good penknife and it will do a better job .
              "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                Diesel, works a treat on the weapon.
                Leave it in a barrel of the above overnight, comes out bright and shiney in the morning.

However if you do this too often said weapon will eventually crumble into a pile of gpmg shaped ash.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I see alot of people putting small parts of weapons in cans of coke to help take the carbon off.
                  Does anyone else do this? I think its just a waste of a good drink.

On the .5 we 'boil the barrels' (plug the muzzle end with flannel and pour boiling water from the kettle down the other end).
                  Ive never seen anyone doing it with another weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    Leave it in a barrel of the above overnight, comes out bright and shiney in the morning.

However if you do this too often said weapon will eventually crumble into a pile of gpmg shaped ash.
                    By then it will be the Q's problem (unless you happen to be the Q)
                    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Originally posted by Border Bunny View Post
                      I see alot of people putting small parts of weapons in cans of coke to help take the carbon off.

On the .5 we 'boil the barrels' (plug the muzzle end with flannel and pour boiling water from the kettle down the other end).
                      Ive never seen anyone doing it with another weapon.
                      When you say we

are you talking about us the offical and only Irish Army

or that gang of savage bastards who killed raped and robbed that claims to act in our name
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                        or that gang of savage bastards who killed raped and robbed that claims to act in our name
                        No im not in the 2Bn.

Comment

Originally posted by Border Bunny View Post
                          Drink the coke afterwards, waste not want not. The wing use industrial size cans of coke to clean the sheep shit off their boots, then they chug it

Comment

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                            Drink the coke afterwards, waste not want not. The wing use industrial size cans of coke to clean the sheep shit off their boots, then they chug it
                            Think the cleaning the sheep shit off their boots is just a happy accident, they really just want to drink the coke & sheep ship mix, it's all the rage in special forces apparently.

Comment

By the looks of the of the boots in the recent anniversary demo its been a while since the wing Haix saw the inside of a coke can

Sorry lads a Phosphur Bronze Brush where would I get that a Gunshop or Hardware Dealers ??

Thanks Lads Come to think of it I remember 2 Cpls on our Recruit Shoot cleaning bits of the Mag with pocketknives and leathermans!!!

Any other advice other than Brute force and oil? On advice of Cadre Sgt today soaked it in oil after firing and the carbon did come off a lot easier!!
                              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X