Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences Between Long and Short Back Issue Bergen (old Style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greyfox
    replied
    i think its your personal preference because of your height , try both a long and a short with full cefo see how hard it is to access pouches and how high the lid is when full long-backs are much more common ,

i also seem to remember reading its easier to get stuff in and out of the short-back but cant really vouch for that .

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    replied
    I'm 6'2. I have had both.

The Short back sits nicely on top of the back pouches of PLCE but can be a bit high up on the back for stability when worn alone.

The Long back is very uncomfortable with pouches as it has to be worn over them, not on top. However it is a lot more stable on its own as it sits lower on the back.

Trick is to try both of them on while wearing PLCE and see which one is better. Doesn't matter with IPLCS as there are no pouches to worry about.
    Last edited by Docman; 18 April 2010, 20:27.

Leave a comment:

• Celtic-Warrior
    replied
    So for me a broad 6 or 6'1 fella which would be the best fit having tried both I didnt notice much difference in them so I said id turn to the Board !! Being RDF It only has to hold gear for absoute maximum 72hr Ex!! Although chance of one would be a fine thing!!!!

Leave a comment:

• greyfox
    replied
    short was designed for people 5' 6" and under , the majority of Irish issue i have seen were of the long back variety
    the short back i believe has the same capacity but is wider noticeably so when worn with side pouches it sits higher on the waist (for those above 5'6") then the long back allowing cefo to be worn more comfortably, it also doesn't seem to hit you in the back of the head as much .

Leave a comment:

• The real Jack
    replied
    I'm 6'3 and i still prefer the shorty!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Long back is designed fo those over 6 foot 2

Leave a comment:

• The real Jack
    replied
    Unless you're novely scale tall(ie 7 feckin foot) stick to the short back. The Long back ****s with the pouches on your cefo.

Leave a comment:

• Differences Between Long and Short Back Issue Bergen (old Style)

Hi Guys

I was wondering the differences between the Long and Short back PCLE Bergens , Apart from a difference in Capacity are there any other factors in choosing between them??

CW
Working...
X