Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
    Do they ever do this?

If you look at all the UN stuff it leaves Ireland by boat, deliverse to a port near to where it's going and then is transported by lowloader to where ever it's going.

I would think when it is at the mission location there isn't too many civvi cops.

Thats what I thought.

In the rules of the road it says that a garda can as you to produce you licence. If you have an accident in an army car how can you do this if you don't need a licence in the first place?
    yes they do drive overseas - the Irish DF are an almost regular site on Exercise Combined Endeavour in Germany - and i highly doubt they got a ferry to Germany then had their vehicles low loaded to the barracks.

i've also seen an Irish Army Equestrian School truck on the M4 in England once.

we've often been stopped over the years in military vehicles on duty and all the Police are interested in is the civvie licence for it, and our Standing Orders state that we must always carry our civvie licence with our military driving permit (except on Operations obviously).

i can't see the Motorway Police in the UK or elsewhere entertaining a 'military driving permit' from another country if checked, so i still think it's odd obtaining a military licence to drive a vehicle of a particular class before obtaining the appropriate civvie licence for it first.

and that's why i thought your initial question was quite odd - especially doing a course for a minibus when it seems it's just a paperwork exercise in getting your military driving permit converted.
    RoyalGreenJacket
    Commander in Chief
    Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 13 November 2011, 21:29.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Not sure about else where but have seen appointments with EUFOR/KFOR advertised where one of the requirements is a AF154 or a full driving licence.

Comment

• Does anyone have the syllabus reference number for the nissan driving couorse??

My mate says that when they went to get tested they were refused because they hadn't done ITs.

But according to him they were never required to do ITs.

Surely if ITs were a pre requisit then it was up to the unit running the course to check this at the start.

Comment

• SAAB that is not the sort of specifics that are discussed on the public portion of this site

Comment

• Sorry,
            The syllabus number not public?
            Whether ITs are required for driving courses?
            or
            If TIs are required that who ever is running the couorse should check people have done them?

Comment

Sorry,
              or
              If TIs are required that who ever is running the couorse should check people have done them?
              Are ITs not required for all courses?
              Normally on the application form for courses there is a yes/no tick box for ITs.

Comment

Sorry,
                or
                IMO is not the point of contact for information on DF courses. That is what your unit is for.
                Ask your

Corporal
                Sergeant
                CQMS
                CS
                BQMS
                BSM
                Lieutenant
                Captain
                Commandant
                If none of the above can provide you with the answer you are looking for, only then should you come asking on IMO.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• The lads were on a course. As far as they were concerned they had fulfilled the course joining citeria but when they went for testing they were told they they didn't fill a criteria that our cadre seem to be of the opinion they were not required to fulfil.

I am sure the cadre sgt is basing his opinion on the sylabus that is known to him.
                  Hence I asked here thinking that if a new syllabus was introduced the tpt lads would know and have the answer at their finger tips.

It wouldn't be the first time the RDF was using an old syllabus.

Oh Goldie fish I am in the RDF long enough to know the chain of comand. And that it is much more efficient to go Cadre Sgt - CS - Capt if you are looking for info.
                  Last edited by Saab; 20 November 2011, 13:04.

Comment

Working...
                  X