Direct Entry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    What about for infantry? Is there a precedent?
    What skills could a DE bring to Infantry?
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

What about for infantry? Is there a precedent?
      Not unless they have a degree in infantry officering...
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
        What skills could a DE bring to Infantry?
        Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
        Not unless they have a degree in infantry officering...
        They could already be an infantry officer from another army with plenty of relevant qualifications and experience.

Comment

They could already be an infantry officer from another army with plenty of relevant qualifications and experience.
          You seem to misunderstand the concept of direct entry. Bringing a civilian qualification and using it in a military environment, after a period of military training.
          I know of no case where any military skill was sought under a DE scheme.

Comment

Not a recognised third level qualification.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Not a good time to be DE, it looks like they wont be promoted as per their contract. So better off not going DE or more to the point tech officer.

Comment

Okay, maybe I am misunderstanding Direct Entry, or at least using the wrong term. I suppose what I'm asking is that if someone of previous military service outside the State with significant rank and pertinent and valuable experience were to join the RDF; are there any regulatory mechanisms to carry their rank over into the RDF? This is assuming vacancies are available yada yada yada...

Comment

Is RGJ thinking of joining up?

Comment

Originally posted by pym View Post
                    Is RGJ thinking of joining up?
                    Once the rollout of MS Office is announced in the RDF, he'll be on it like a car bonnet!!

Comment

Okay, maybe I am misunderstanding Direct Entry, or at least using the wrong term. I suppose what I'm asking is that if someone of previous military service outside the State with significant rank and pertinent and valuable experience were to join the RDF; are there any regulatory mechanisms to carry their rank over into the RDF? This is assuming vacancies are available yada yada yada...
                      Its barely available for someone with past experience in the PDF.

Comment

I know of such an animal. Wonder if we are thinking of the same person?
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I couldn't possibly say TD.

Comment

I couldn't possibly say TD.
                            Well our bat channel discussions have settled this one...
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                            X