Army Medical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Medical

a friend of mine applied for the army, has done the interview and been called for a medical... does anyone know...

1) if you get called for a medical then does that pretty much mean you are in??? presuming you pass the medical of course....

2) is having flat feet a major obstacle to passing the medical these days??? i know it was in the past but with modern orthotics etc??? he is worried about this as his feet are a little flat, although they have never caused him problems...

also, does anyone know when the army will introduce short service commisisons??? there was talk of it in the last white paper
    tricam

I recently did my medical and i dont think flat feet would be something that would keep you out unless it is put down as a medical condition. Youre not in until your blood and urine tests come back clean and you have passed the fitness test cos you can be failed on either of these. Im pretty sure that once you have those tests done youre in but if there were still too many applicants you could be turned down.
    Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

Has he done the fitness test yet?

Comment

no, he hasn't done the fitness test...

but i thought both the fitness test and the medical are pass / fail tests... or do you get a certain number pf points which is added to your interview score??... i.e. a good fitness/medical result would get you in together with an average interview??
        tricam

Comment

No both of them are pass or fail. I think the norm is to do the medical first (just to make sure you are medically fit to run). So as the saying goes it isn't over until the fat lady sings.

Comment

I had my medical and fitness tests on different days but this time of year they are all onthe same day to speed up recruitment before they start training
            Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

Command69, How long ago did you do the tests, and presuming that you passed, how long before you find out if your in?
              My brother is doing the test soon and he wants to know how long he could be waiting if all goes well.
              "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

I did my medical on the 28th August and my fitness test on the 10th Sep. I f i did get in then i will be informed before the end of the month as i was told that will be te date to begin training the next batch of recruits. Your brothers situation is probably the same.

Comment

I have passed the medical, I still have to do a X-Ray and wait for the reply.(Thay (PDF) said that even if you pass that you would have to wait about 4 weeks befor they start calling peaple for recutment.

Comment

Where did you apply to 3 Star? Ive heard from a lad in my company who did his physical in cork that they are starting training on the 17th Nov. Im going to Mckee on the 28th of this month so i doubt you will be waiting 4 weeks

Comment

Working...
                    X