Officers assaulted in Kilkenny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers assaulted in Kilkenny

Spotted this in The Kilkenny People. Other reports in local press suggest a total of 5 officers assaulted with a Captain being most seriously injured. Anyone know how the casualites are doing?

"Gardai appeal for witnesses to assault:
    GARDAI have issued an appeal for witnesses to a violent assault in the city in the early hours of Friday morning.
    A soldier, based at Stephen Barracks received life -threatening injuries when he was assaulted at Maudlin Street at approximately 2.30am on Friday morning. The man in his twenties is currently in Beaumont Hospital in Dublin where he is receiving treatment. A second person was also hospitalised at St Luke’s Hospital following the incident. Gardai have made a number of arrests in relation to the incident and are examining CCTV footage from the area. “A number of people suffered injuries and two people were brought to hospital, one with very serious injuries. We are appealing to anyone in the area around the time of the incident to contact us,” a garda spokesman said."

Page 1 of 1

Last Updated: 04 May 2010 10:39 AM
    Source: Kilkenny People

Hope they make a speedy recovery!

Comment

Read about it during the week. Officer was a captain from reports. Seems 2 other officers who jumped in to help, one suffered a broken jaw, the other had bruised ribs. Word has it that the lads who started it got a good hiding for their trouble.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Lets hope all goes well for the lads involved-

thanks Danno for letting us know
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
          Word has it that the lads who started it got a good hiding for their trouble.

Word also has it that there is an army connection to the lads who started it. Any truth to this? MOD: NO speculation!

Best wishes to the Captain hope he makes a recovery over time. I know it was very serious this time last week.
          Last edited by DeV; 8 May 2010, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
            Stephen Barracks
            Is it "Stephen" or "Strephen" barracks? I'm sure it's "Strephen"???

Comment

It's Stephens' Barracks, as in James Stephens, founder of the IRB

Comment

Wishing a full & speedy recovery!

Comment

Wishing them a swift recovery.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Dunno where they get the info from but wasn't recovering in St Lukes hospital Kilkenny

I
                    'm sure it's "Strephen"???
                    Guess what..your wrong!

no need for speculation as it wasn't Army guys involved. Travellers went on the rampage, other besides Army guys hurt also.
                    these scum just picked on random groups and attacked them

One guy in particular had been attacked twice in a year by two gangs of travellers and in despair tried to take his own life on thursday night.

Survived but as long as these thugs walk the streets he is in fear of his life. same guy was raised Ballybeg in waterford and never had any of this shit,,,

Where is Charles Bronson when we need him?
                    Last edited by hptmurphy; 9 May 2010, 01:45.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      Dunno where they get the info from but wasn't recovering in St Lukes hospital Kilkenny

I

Guess what..your wrong!

no need for speculation as it wasn't Army guys involved. Travellers went on the rampage, other besides Army guys hurt also.
                      these scum just picked on random groups and attacked them

One guy in particular had been attacked twice in a year by two gangs of travellers and in despair tried to take his own life on thursday night.

Survived but as long as these thugs walk the streets he is in fear of his life. same guy was raised Ballybeg in waterford and never had any of this shit,,,

Where is Charles Bronson when we need him?

exterminate the b*st*rds and sterilize the c*nts. A plague on society who have no right to exsist. It baffles me how do gooders stand up for the rights of these scum ,who could not give a sh*t about joe average. I know the settled community have their own bad eggs ,but in fau=irness most are either settled pavis or related to same. f*cking scum

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
                        exterminate the b*st*rds and sterilize the c*nts. A plague on society who have no right to exsist. It baffles me how do gooders stand up for the rights of these scum ,who could not give a sh*t about joe average. I know the settled community have their own bad eggs ,but in fau=irness most are either settled pavis or related to same. f*cking scum
                        SNAP!!!

scum

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
                          Hitler would ve loved you with a train of thought like that. You cant exterminate an alleged ethnic race cause they are a plague. If only we had salt mines or work camps to stick them in. At least then they can be doing something till they rot away
                          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

I think we have established already Ollie that Travellers are NOT a seperate ethnic race-

Have the Gardai arrested these lads Murph?
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
                              SNAP!!!

scum
                              It looks like Kilkenny is going the way of Tralee - matters are still very rough there despite a bit of a clean-up in December.

Comment

Working...
                              X