Re-Org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Org

Ive noticed from my own home unit in the last two weeks that things have changed dramatically. New rules and regulations have been brought in. Things are much stricter now with a greater emphasis on the rules that have been set down. Our people are cracking down on the casual attitude that has existed in recent years and are attempting to bring a new level of professionalism which is great in my opinion. Our schedule for training in the forthcoming year has has been planned in detail as well as our weekly training sessions. It looks to me that the re-org is really beginning to kick in and that integration is much closer than we think. Have any of you reservusts noticed any changes in your respective units and what is your opinion of these changes? Also what specific things do you hope to see from the re-org?
    Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

More and better training in the areas of support weapons and taticts. I also wish to see an intergrated element with the PDF, ATCP Duties, annual fitness tests and more exercises. I know it sounds like a lot but it is possible.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
    http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

It has little to do with the re-org. It just means that someone decided to do some work... probably because of the change higher up.

Comment

all it means is that someone has got their finger out and are actually doing things the way they are supposed to be done - all of those training instructions and directives aren't issued just for fun, however most sandbag units are poorly organised, and with no leadership to ever bother with this! Sounds like your unit has got a new PDF CO who doesn't plan on just going with the flow...

Comment

Originally posted by dangermouse
          however most sandbag units
          strange.... i didnt see that in the re-org, i thought we were going to be changed to the RDF, and comming from someone who says there in DFHQ you should know better!
          Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

It sounds like dangermouse has adopted the PONTI attitude towards the RDF.

Person
            Of
            No
            Tactical
            Importance

Except for filling sand bags of course.
            :-patriot:
            If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

sorry for offending my army reserve buddies but its true, it comes to light every year when there are training inspections carried out

Comment

Look Erwin, one of your buddies......

Regards etc

Comment

I don't people are offended with how unprepared the reserve is... we all know it is. Being called Sandbags and the general derogatory tone from the PDF is what really gets us offended. IMHO, the PDF view of the reserve in the last few years among the younger soldiers has measurably deteriorated.

Of course Dangermouse may not be PDF.

Comment

iserve in a unit that has always had a PDF CO....is this a reflection on your counter parts that we are badly organised.

I would say that improvements in organisation is down to the actual individual members of a particular unit having some pride in what they do...with the help of a dedicated cadre and positive imput from the units they train with.MY personnal expierience with the PSO exercises over the last two years is that when the PDF see aRDF cavalry unit filling in for their PDF counter parts given the limited resources that actually express some admiration....and that has been expressed from brigade commanders level all the way down to thw lads on the ground.

On the whole this gives us a morale boost and makes us work harder towards the next event.It also shows the younger members of the unit that the RDF is not just an excuse to go on the piss for two weeks in the summer.

Anybody who has taken part in the PSO operations would notice the differnce in tempo against previous summer camps.

In my opinion intergrated training is the way forward.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Joshua - you got me all wrong man!!!:D
                      Live long and prosper!

Comment

Remember PDF people only for the Reserve you guys would not have all the NCO and Officer vacancies that you have at present.The PDF is only 8000-8500{ARMY} so you cant have your ranks without us so get real. :flagwave:

Comment

Commando69, getting back to your original post, all a training diary for the year means is that someone has drawn up a training diary for the year.

I used to go to the Notice Board every Tuesday & Sunday before & after parade, just for a laugh- see what Brigade HQ thought we were learning.

I remember one occaision as a recruit being marched to the armory, drawing a rifle, spending 45 mins on my own with the rifle, having a cigarette break, spending another 45 minutes standing on my own with the rifle, then being marched back to the armory to hand back in my weapon.

I can't recall what the timetable had down for that period; I think it was technical training; possibly camouflague & concealment
                          Take these men and women for your example.
                          Like them, remember that posterity can only
                          be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                          possession of those who have the
                          courage to defend it.
                          Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                          If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

I just want to show my new signature.
                            Take these men and women for your example.
                            Like them, remember that posterity can only
                            be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                            possession of those who have the
                            courage to defend it.
                            Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                            If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

A training plan lists the training targets for the year.
                              A training programme specifies the lessons to be taught, who teaches them, where they are being taught and when they are being taught.
                              A training diary is a record of all training that has occured, who attended and any incidents that happened.

Just to get the record straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X