X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is a shorter sling for the new drill

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
      LOL what horse s**t weight distribution I,ve heared some whoppers over the years that's right up there with blue steel bayonets and silent cocking
      Silent Locking is in the manual.

Comment

there is a shorter sling for the new drill
        As in a shorter ceremonial white sling ? Thought you were referring to the green sling...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          Surely the Same IR we always had with Kite etc? As for thermal, what weapon mounted thermal sights are there?
          Weapon mounted NVD's a generally not used much anymore. It has been found that a head mounted goggle/monocle is more effective as it allows a much more flexible range of vision. In conjunction with an IR aiming device eg the AN/PEQ-16 engaging a target is quicker that a weapon mounted sight combo. There are quite a few options out there for thermal sights. For instance the US military uses the AN/PAS-13.

Originally posted by apod View Post
          All of which we were supposed to get.I wager the only reason the the sights are going ahead is because the housing groups couldn't be issued without them!
          Curious to see the new sling.5.11 website and youtube vids only show two point sling.Hope its not black also.No black in nature.
          The 5.11 slings are adjustable two point slings. It's a copy of the VTAC sling and works like this. It works quite well I have used one quite a bit.
          "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

• Its not a troll god forbid ...so can anyone tell me what will be the approximate cost ( total rifle pls) and weight of this new improved rifle with all its bibs and bobs.

Comment

• Dunno.The slings are probably cost very little when bought in bulk.New housing groups already bought.Don't know how much they paid.Sights probabably anywhere between 800-1000 euro but maybe cheaper when bought in bulk.
              I believe the new housing is marginally heavier due to the rails.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                Dunno.The slings are probably cost very little when bought in bulk.New housing groups already bought.Don't know how much they paid.Sights probabably anywhere between 800-1000 euro but maybe cheaper when bought in bulk.
                I believe the new housing is marginally heavier due to the rails.
                Ok As I do not have access to a steyr right now nor info pon cost to DF how much are we talking about. The rifles themselves, Housing groups, sights 1500 US$ waht iS this all equal to 4000+ Euros ??
                Wt WITH sights , new housing 10-11Lb .. ??
                Anyone???

Comment

• I believe its costing ten million but ill try get the break down on cost
                  And ill get weights if I can

Comment

• Make sure you get the weight up the same as the FN Kaiser!

Bandit won't be happy if we still have a girly, lightweight (ish) rifle at the end of all these upgrades
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                      Make sure you get the weight up the same as the FN Kaiser!

Bandit won't be happy if we still have a girly, lightweight (ish) rifle at the end of all these upgrades
                      Give that man a biscuit
                      You will not have a lt wt rifle, because it will be covered with all sorts of gear taht I sure will ake u the ultimate warrior, and you will have a very exspensive squirrel shooter.
                      But lets first get the Info and then we can resume the discussions, in a objective and scentific manner

THE FN changing cover to concealment

i

Comment

I believe its costing ten million but ill try get the break down on cost
                        And ill get weights if I can
                        The cost, as quoted by the minister was to be €6 million, for the conversion of 6,000 rifles. So the maths wizards can tell you it's a projected cost of €1000 per weapon, and that seems a very low figure for what was planned.
                        CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• I,ll get the figures breakdown for everyone
                          There are doing 7000 rifles now too

Comment

• The amount mentioned was also to pay for new UGLs, so it won't cost €1000 per rifle. The cost will also drop if they're not buying all of the other upgrades initially requested.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• New U.S. Army Rifle!!!
                              Description: 1
                              The XM25 Counter Defilade Target Engagement System has a range of roughly 2,300 feet - and is to be deployed in Afghanistan soon. I would call it the “Equalizer.” Some call it the “Punisher”.
                              The rifle’s gun sight uses a laser rangefinder to determine the exact distance to the obstruction, after which the soldier can add or subtract up to 3 meters from that distance to enable the bullets to clear the barrier and explode above or beside the target.
                              Soldiers will be able to use them to target snipers hidden in trenches rather than calling in air strikes.
                              The 25-millimeter round contains a chip that receives a radio signal from the gun sight as to the precise distance to the target.
                              Lt. Col. Christopher Lehner, project manager for the system, described the weapon as a ‘game-changer’ that other nations will try and copy.
                              He expects the Army to buy 12,500 of the XM25 rifles this year, enough for every member of the infantry and special forces.
                              Lehner told Fox News: “With this weapon system, we take away cover from [enemy targets] forever. Tactics are going to have to be rewritten. The only thing we can see [enemies] being able to do is run away.”
                              Description: 2
                              Experts say the rifle means that enemy troops will no longer be safe if they take cover. The XM25 appears to be the perfect weapon for street-to-street fighting that troops in Afghanistan have to engage in, with enemy fighters hiding behind walls and only breaking cover to fire occasionally.
                              The weapon’s laser finder would work out how far away the enemy was and then the U.S. Soldier would add one meter using a button near the trigger.
                              When fired, the explosive round would carry exactly one meter past the wall and explode with the force of a hand grenade above the Taliban fighter.
                              The army’s project manager for new weapons, Douglas Tamilio, said: ‘‘This is the first leap-ahead technology for troops that we’ve been able to develop and deploy.”
                              A patent granted to the bullet’s maker, Alliant Tech systems, reveals that the chip can determine how far it has traveled. Mr. Tamilio said: “You could shoot a Javelin missile, and it would cost about $69,000. These rounds will end up costing $25.00 apiece.”
                              They’re relatively cheap. Lehner added: “This is a game-changer. The enemy has learned to get cover, for hundreds if not thousands of years. Well, they can’t do that anymore. We’re taking that cover from them and there’s only two outcomes: We’re going to get you behind that cover or force you to flee.” The rifle will initially use high-explosive rounds, but its makers say that it might later use versions with smaller explosive charges that aim to stun rather than kill.
                              Description: 3
                              What one of the revolutionary bullets looks like that can be pre-programmed to explode to hit troops that are hiding.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X