No announcement yet.

New Rifle or Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK settle down gang Kaiser you know the ska at that end better than we do. Others on this board are very clued in to what is happening but like to keep schtumm; that's the nature of lurking on the Internet though. ( Note any knowledge I can bring is 3rd hand )
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• I think we found some money under the mattress
      not enough for the fore grip,, but the sights and slings

Comment

• It's a start at least, as long as the foregrips follow on at some stage

Comment

• And the under barrel rails,the illuminator/laser aimer,UGL and thermal imager!!!
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
            And the under barrel rails,the illuminator/laser aimer,UGL and thermal imager!!!
            Do you mean you hope they follow or that they've found the money for them?
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Why do we need a new foregrip? The weapon comes with one?!

And if we get one how will we remove the barrel?

Comment

• You never needed the foregrip to remove it in the first place.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  You never needed the foregrip to remove it in the first place.
                  I suppose a gloved hand could do it (assuming the barrel is hot) but it could lead to more wear and tear on some parts and barrels not being fitted properly

Comment

• Two months between the end of field trials and a board making decision isn't that long in fact in my experience is actually quite a short period of time. When you consider a series of very complex reports have to be written, read, understood, meetings set up, diary clashes, holidays etc.

Decision on the rest to come
                    Last edited by paul g; 2 October 2013, 18:10.

Comment

• we've been using the C7A1 out here in Denmark and their 5.56mm ammo is far less powerful than our own. I've no idea what muzzle velocities are but they were desperate to get their hands on our British Ammo - less stoppages for them with our ammo too.

Their ammo was ok in our A2's but definitely not as powerful.

MOD: Topic!!!.Start a new thread if you want to discuss ammunition types.
                      Last edited by apod; 3 October 2013, 21:49.
                      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        Why do we need a new foregrip? The weapon comes with one?!

If you fit an under-barrel rail to rifles to facilitate the quick addition/removal of a UGL then the original foregrip has to go & be replaced by one compatible with the rail.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Why do we need a new foregrip? The weapon comes with one?!

You must be using some different steyr variant with a foregrip that isn't a wobbly piece of shit
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• I,ve never had a problem with the grip on a steyr if yours in faulty it should be picked out on the annual ord inspection
                            I have heared an under barrel extension for a rail running from where the grip is now up along the barrel
                            to facilitate a new fore grip is in the pipe line for next yr
                            the new housing also has a rail on the side

Comment

• I heared a rumour and it made me laugh heartily
                              The new ceremonial we have, new green bodies painted everything that should be black newly painted shinny bayonets etc etc
                              Well the air corps don't like the green so they want there GOH rifles you guessed it BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
                                Do you mean you hope they follow or that they've found the money for them?
                                Both!!!

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                                Two months between the end of field trials and a board making decision isn't that long in fact in my experience is actually quite a short period of time. When you consider a series of very complex reports have to be written, read, understood, meetings set up, diary clashes, holidays etc.

Decision on the rest to come
                                Pretty easy to decide what you want when you had already a good idea before the trials started!!

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                                I heared a rumour and it made me laugh heartily
                                The new ceremonial we have, new green bodies painted everything that should be black newly painted shinny bayonets etc etc
                                Well the air corps don't like the green so they want there GOH rifles you guessed it BLUE
                                LMFAO!! Muppets.
                                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                                X