X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    From what I seen, all it does it eject the round into that ejection tube and the force of ejection forces it down the tube, so the following rounds push the previous rounds out the tube.
    Yeah i know that, but what would happen if you were shooting upwards?? The rounds wouldn't fall out, it would just jam.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
    I've been looking for info for that ejection system (which is the same as in the FN F2000) and i can't find any info as to what would happen if he was firing up at an angle??? How would the round eject?

From what I seen, all it does it eject the round into that ejection tube and the force of ejection forces it down the tube, so the following rounds push the previous rounds out the tube.

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    I've been looking for info for that ejection system (which is the same as in the FN F2000) and i can't find any info as to what would happen if he was firing up at an angle??? How would the round eject?

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
    If I was youngish serving soldier with a likelihood of deployment to afghanistan or similar . I would wish for a 7.62 Nato upgrade .. But as I am not and will most probably only be carrying small stuff for my very close protection in the forseeable future then a 7.62 inter would do . Dont know if u could have a 7.62 version of a bullpup ,probably not
    I don't think it would actually be possible to have a 7.62x51 conversion kit for the steyr. I think the round itself would actually be too long and there wouldn't be enough space behind the magazine for the gun lock group and so on. A complete redesign would be necessary i think.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BANDIT
    replied
    If I was youngish serving soldier with a likelihood of deployment to afghanistan or similar . I would wish for a 7.62 Nato upgrade .. But as I am not and will most probably only be carrying small stuff for my very close protection in the forseeable future then a 7.62 inter would do . Dont know if u could have a 7.62 version of a bullpup ,probably not

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    To be fair, you could hardly say it "soldiered" on in FCA service.
    Compared to it's frontline PDF service anyway!

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by paul g View Post
    The FN was in only in service with the PDF from 1961 to 1987,
    the steyr is coming up to the same milestone
    Really ? And what happened the FN in DF service AFTER that point ? It came into FCA service
    and soldiered on until approx 2001....

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    If it isn't broken don't fix it, there is no money to do it but no harm seeing whats outthere i suppose.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    I reckon they will go the upgrade route for now and eventually the A3.Cost too much to modify the ROPS,stores containers,LTAV's etc.

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    .... which presumably is why Holdfast started this thread, rather than post in the original one
    I meant that i didn't know what he meant and that if he was looking for info he could have gone to that thread.

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by concussion View Post
    A bolt release would be nice aswell, but I'd settle for rails so we can add a range of decent optics/lasers.

(if we count our rounds properly, we should always get our mag changes correct )
    The MSAR STG-556 seems to have all those solutions.

A visit with Anthony Marfione Jr., son of Microtech owner and founder. We talk about the Microtech history, their different models, the passion of knifemaki...

(You have to skip to 22:30 before they show the STG-556)

OR!!!!

we could get these!

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
    Last edited by spaceghetti; 11 June 2010, 18:39.

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    replied
    I thought the PDF were already in the process of upgrading the optics to Elcans? Using an A2 housing group?

Like what their using here:

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    replied
    A bolt release would be nice aswell, but I'd settle for rails so we can add a range of decent optics/lasers.

(if we count our rounds properly, we should always get our mag changes correct )

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    A3 weights a stupid amount and the one I held didn't even have a mag on it!

An upgrade with rails, the safety selector from the A3 (gets rid of the ALO, as there is a semi and auto selection), possibly a stronger body group and the same or similar to the SA80 3-point sling. My two cents.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X