Usual kit difficulties RDF 2010 [ threadsplit ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    1. No time limit on the reg. Integrated doesn't have a time component. No posting to parent unit, it's a course-ish but the experiment is concluded according to the MOD.

2. Even given (1) above, no member of the RDF was ever issued IPLCS on a permanent basis (AFAIK ) , even though the reg governing IPLCS issued well before Integration.

And before people start banging on about upkeep, care and maintenance, remember we are/were the integrated; we're not going to wander off.
    YE were integrated.Ye arent now.Ye were only to be issued the gear whilst integrated.You dont get to keep it when you rotate back to your parent units.Which ye all did.Its like a soldier serving in the ARW.He doesnt get to keep all the gucci kit when he rotates back to his parent unit either

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    Well in that case, I won't wear my own camo cream on exercise and stick solely to the issued stuff , oh wait, we don't issued camo cream.
    Cam cream IS on issue.Your CQ should be doing a better job.He can request it through the system.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

YE were integrated.Ye arent now.Ye were only to be issued the gear whilst integrated.You dont get to keep it when you rotate back to your parent units.
      A fair point. If they'd meant that they would have said so in the reg [ They don't ]. What they do say is "Members of the Integrated will receive a FULL ISSUE of IPLCS" Nevertheless, even giving you the "hand-back on rotation" point, no member of the Integrated RDF was ever issued the IPLCS as far as I know , in direct contravention of the regulation despite intensive lobbying for same from several units.

And strangely for 24 years now I have surprisingly managed to care for and maintain items on issue to me.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
        It is?
        Ive never seen it
        It is.

A fair point. If they'd meant that they would have said so in the reg [ They don't ]. What they do say is "Members of the Integrated will receive a FULL ISSUE of IPLCS" Nevertheless, even giving you the "hand-back on rotation" point, no member of the Integrated RDF was ever issued the IPLCS as far as I know , in direct contravention of the regulation despite intensive lobbying for same from several units.

And strangely for 24 years now I have surprisingly managed to care for and maintain items on issue to me.
        There was no point in issuing the IPLCS(Which is a nause because of the whole IMS and serial number issues) when integration was going down the tubes.I did my best to get it issued for the lads i trained but it wasnt gonna work.It couldnt be removed from barracks and RDF dont get issued lockers so where would they keep it?
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Not having a go at you jost pointing out facts. The IPLCS issue reg is dated June 07, integration was 2008, there was plenty of time to get those issues resolved by the powers-that-be

{ e.g. issue lockers, keep the kit in sub-unit soft ordnance stores }

Comment

Not having a go at you jost pointing out facts. The IPLCS issue reg is dated June 07, integration was 2008, there was plenty of time to get those issues resolved by the powers-that-be

{ e.g. issue lockers, keep the kit in sub-unit soft ordnance stores }
            Integration was 2007 and 2008.I was involved from the start to the finish.Issue lockers??Get real.Go to all the expense of issuing them to lads who would only use the stuff a few times a year.Their are lads in unit who still dont have proper lockers.Wouldnt like to explain to them how a partimer got one and they didnt.
            Not hAving a go at you either but those are the facts.If integration had been more succesfull it would have strengthened the case to issue the stuff.But it wasnt.

Comment

Yes; all that and more; but then they wouldn't have written it into the reg to have it issued if they didn't mean it.

Comment

Jesus Trell.They meant it at the time.That time has passed.It didnt happen.Get over it.If the RDF goes the way all the rumours are saying IPLCS may be back on the agenda.For now its not.
                Anyway we have dragged this thread WAY off topic.Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                  .Issue lockers??Get real.Go to all the expense of issuing them to lads who would only use the stuff a few times a year..
                  Doesn't that sum up the entire scale of issue problem in the RDF?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

moved this lot [ which was my fault ] off the 2010 thread as I think the original one should be kept on topic.

On the original, I know well it didn't happen. It just increased the bad taste in our mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                      Your number isn't 7 digits. PMS is designed to only accept 6 digit numbers.

As for the idea of RDF "fixing" the system - would a civvie company allow what is essentially a casual worker to have access to the internal workings of their computer systems?
                      You just contradicted yourself there?
                      How do you know how many numbers PMS is designed to accept?
                      WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Given that we are on the PMS kinda makes nonsense of that comment. How else do you think we get paid?

Comment

We are also on the IMS system which allows us to be issued with kit.

Comment

My point exactly...
                            WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

how come its so difficult to get kit then?
                              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                              He put a bullet through his brain.
                              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                              The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Some people are too lazy to do the work and to follow it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X