• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Auldsod
    Sergeant Major

• Auldsod
    replied
    Originally posted by danno View Post
    At risk of censure for referring to BA but Gen M Jackson a recent BA COS always wore his para beret even when receiving a decoration at Buck Castle albeit with out the para wing badge, poss the trend has arrived here.
    The high vis sliders are fine so long as there are no hostile snipers about.
    I know I'm replying five years too late but I can’t help myself. BA officers retain most elements of their previous regimental uniform when they hit Colonel (full) and up. Most officers aside from some combat support officers (medical and the likes), join the general staff at this rank and thus change cap badge (lion surmounting the crown). Parachute regiment dress regulations use a beret on number one and mess dress instead of a peaker. I believe that the AAC is the same. Thus, he is simply following his regiment’s regulations for dress.

Then again, I remember seeing him pictured with a peaker too. I guess being COGS means that you can do what you like! See current COGS General Nick Carter below….
    http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/res...ype=0&type=mc3

Leave a comment:

• flash bang
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayern Fan View Post
    Met the boss in the Glen, my first time meeting a COS actually.
    You are no longer a COS virgin

Leave a comment:

• Bayern Fan
    Feldwebel

• Bayern Fan
    replied
    Met the boss in the Glen, my first time meeting a COS actually.

Leave a comment:

• flash bang
    replied
    great photos boss , now can we sort out the recruitment problems? Good to see all the 65 boys doing what they do best.

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    Teuton Foot Soldier

• ZULU
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad P View Post
    U really do have to respect Lt Gen Earley (RIP) for keeping his uniform clear of the in your face rank markings when they weren't needed.
    If there was ever a one upmanship attitude i'm sure the previous COS could have just brushed off his ARW berret & just said, 'Game over, i win!'
    It was the Man in the Uniform that commanded respect, not the Uniform on the Man.

As HH eluded to, its down to the admin instructions I reckon.

Murph: Agree completely

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    the other thing that pissed me off was how they manged to get so many pictures of guys digging a hole!

Leave a comment:

• Mad P
    replied
    U really do have to respect Lt Gen Earley (RIP) for keeping his uniform clear of the in your face rank markings when they weren't needed.
    If there was ever a one upmanship attitude i'm sure the previous COS could have just brushed off his ARW berret & just said, 'Game over, i win!'

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    Sergeant Major

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by Docman View Post
    New style cap badges as well - similar to the peaked caps.
    Are those cap badges just embroidered on??

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher

• trellheim
    replied
    Lt Gen Earley RIP :

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    Hi Vis sliders really defeat the purpose of Uniform dress.

It would lead to believe that the senior ranks have suddenly acquired an inferiority complex and need their rank markings to be highly visible.

has this begun since the previous COS's demise or was it in place prior?

I reckon they're desperately trying to figure out how to get gold braid on their respective headress at this stage.

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    Gunner

• concussion
    replied
    Re: the red rank slide. I don't think it's much of an issue seeing as red tabs are worn on the epaulettes, even with the subdued rank.

Leave a comment:

• danno
    Major General

• danno
    replied
    At risk of censure for referring to BA but Gen M Jackson a recent BA COS always wore his para beret even when receiving a decoration at Buck Castle albeit with out the para wing badge, poss the trend has arrived here.
    The high vis sliders are fine so long as there are no hostile snipers about.

Leave a comment:

• ollie
    not dead yet

• ollie
    replied
    Ah butr did he give the "sure your all great and doing a great/vital job and your all a credit to the organisation " The same speech all pdf ossifers give the rdf ???

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    Originally posted by B Inman View Post
    He's not not the first.

In the 80/90's there was a CQ in the ASM in Cathal Brugha who came from the Cav and continued to wear the Glengarry.
    and he came to a sticky end

let that be a warning to the COS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X