This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
    Somebody on the outside pays the staff member when then does the deed. There are always going to be relationships between staff and prisoners, and some staff members will seek to profit from it. Female staff members are manipulated by prisoners, who do tend to be liars and cheats.

A couple of grand for a 15 minute fumble would tempt a lot of women.
    They dont refer to P/Os as screws for no reason.

Comment

• (re my MDs qualification - his first degree was in law. He was practicing, but I do not know as what, when he decided his future lay as a CPA and eventually ending up in business with his brother as MD of a food company)
      Having a law degree and having a formal legal qualification are 2 different things- your Boss is an Accountant

who runs a food company
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
        Having a law degree and having a formal legal qualification are 2 different things- your Boss is an Accountant

who runs a food company
        I checked, he was interning as a barrister (he had completed his training in Kings Inns) when he decided he didn't want to practice law and became a CPA. I don't see how this how this detracts from his law degree??

Do you have some special definition of "formal qualifications"? because as far as I was concerned a formal qualification is one which is recognised by the governing body of the dicipline.

And technically he doesn't run the company. He is an MD with responsibility of the companies legal, financial and marketing affairs. His brother runs the company.
        Last edited by luchi; 3 September 2010, 08:55.
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• Not detracting at all Luchi

however when you said Legal Quals I expected that your source was a practicing Solicitor or Barrister

not a lad who did the degree etc.

But even I cant argue with a lad who is a qualified barrister- I would reckon they more than anyone (Judges excluded) know the ins and outs of the law.

as for formal qualifications:

from what I read on barcouncil.ie and various similar sites- the degree of Barrister is merely a degree and a pre requisite to actually being a practicing Barrister.

however to be an actual practicing barrister you must also be a member of the law library and have done certain things like take an oath etc

I dont know about solicitors and how they operate;

but I will defer to your greater knowledge in this area.

You portray your boss as a superman type- sounds like someone has a crush
          Last edited by hedgehog; 3 September 2010, 09:16.
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• I still don't understand you.
            One can have the formal qualifications to be a medical practioner. If they decide to join the army does that mean they are no longer qualified because they are no longer a GP.

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
            I dont know about solicitors and how they operate;

but I will defer to your greater knowledge in this area.
            What greater knowledge?

You portray your boss as a superman type-
            Where do I say that?
            I've worked here for 11 years, you tend to get to know a bit about poeple.
            He is doing a job. Like many other MDs in SMEs

I don't know why he moved job but he is not the first person that decided law was not for them.

People like Vincent Brown and I think there is a couple FF TDs etc. All of whom can go straight back to it at any time.

sounds like someone has a crush
            TBH its the money..............................
            Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• MOD: I think this thread has run its course

Comment

Working...
              X