New blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical done, think everything went ok.
    A medic in Bricins told me that 120 were brought forward from the E Brig interviews which will be cut down to 40 recruits and 10-15 substitutes. Back to the waiting game once again

Comment

Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
      Medical done, think everything went ok.
      A medic in Bricins told me that 120 were brought forward from the E Brig interviews which will be cut down to 40 recruits and 10-15 substitutes. Back to the waiting game once again
      When did you have your interview?

Comment

Did the interview on Oct. 11th mate

Comment

Originally posted by payno View Post
          Was it just the eastern brigade were notified of medicals today?Did anyone in the southern brigade get notified?
          People got their dates for the medicals in the Southern Brigade already over the last couple of days.

I got my notification email yesterday. Didn't get to the medical stage unfortunately.

But there's always next year!

Comment

I got my notification email yesterday. Didn't get to the medical stage unfortunately.
            request the details of your interview so you can sharpen your interview technique next time. Rumour mill is abound with March as the next intake date.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
              request the details of your interview so you can sharpen your interview technique next time. Rumour mill is abound with March as the next intake date.
              Cool beans, thanks for the advice. I'll ring the recruitment office tomorrow and see if i can get the details.

Comment

I haven't get an answer yet.

Comment

Anyone get on word back yet from their medical. The wait is torturing me!

Comment

Just got the email. Not the one I was praying for though. 4 places away from the final cut, 4 f*cking places. Not feeling very good right now but life goes on. Best of luck to any IMOers who were successful

Comment

Just got the email. Not the one I was praying for though. 4 places away from the final cut, 4 f*cking places. Not feeling very good right now but life goes on. Best of luck to any IMOers who were successful
                      I don't want to get your hopes up but four places is nothing. They'll lose that many on the first day from lads who don't turn up. And even if everyone does, two weeks of induction makes people decide its not for them and (correct me if I'm wrong) subs can be taken in to replace people up to 3/4 weeks into training.

At least thats how it was in my platoon. Don't count yourself out yet.
                      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Thanks Havoc, I know the craic with boys dropping out, we had 2 or 3 lads go on our first night in training. But that was then and this is now, the 40 lads who got in were picked from 1000+ applicants, they are more than likely going to want this more than anything so they won't be dropping out as easily as with previous platoons.
                        But thanks anyway, I've emailed manpower about the situation with subs but have had no reply (I'd imagine their quite busy today!) but I have to be realistic aswell, I'm 24 now, 25 at the end of July and its not as if recruitment is now a regular occurance, so perhaps thats the end of that. I'll not give up just yet, but it is very hard not to at the minute. (I'm just waiting for RGJ to get his hooks into me!)

Comment

(I'm just waiting for RGJ to get his hooks into me!)[/QUOTE]

AHEM
                          Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

(I'm just waiting for RGJ to get his hooks into me!)

OOOH MATRON!!!
                            Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

Seriously man dont lose hope just yet. I would totally agree with Havoc. And trust me the fact that there were thousands applied will not stop the interview boards from approving people who are totally unsuited to the army. There's no way of knowing until they are in. I've trained 3 recruit platoons and i've been very surprised at some of the guys who just didn't have it in them to adapt to our way of life.

I dont know what brigade you interviewed for but I have it on VERY good authority that in the DFTC, replacements will be taken in up to 4 weeks into the recruit training syllabus and possibly up to six weeks where the replacement has previous military expierience (ie: RDF). Back in the good old days nobody cared if half the platoon didn't make it to end of recruit training, but this will not be the case for the 4 platoons being taken in over the next few months. They want 40 soldiers from each platoon. 4th sub? I would honestly be shocked if you didn't get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango_Charlie View Post
                                replacements will be taken in up to 4 weeks into the recruit training syllabus
                                Thats a quarter the way into recruit training

Comment

Working...
                                X