New blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GravyD View Post
    Well passed the fitness test, is there any indication of when the interviews will be taking place??
    I did my fitness on the 23rd of september I got my notification for my interview yesterday.

Mines on Monday the 11th of October, they only gave me 6days notice.

Now i've to rush to collect some of the stuff on the list.

Including: at least 2 references, all home address's since birth (which is a lot for me) and my leaving cert results.

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
      I did my fitness on the 23rd of september I got my notification for my interview yesterday.

Mines on Monday the 11th of October, they only gave me 6days notice.

Now i've to rush to collect some of the stuff on the list.

Including: at least 2 references, all home address's since birth (which is a lot for me) and my leaving cert results.
      Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
      Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern Fan View Post
        How am i supposed to prepare when i'm only given a list of the requirements 6 days in advance?
        Last edited by spaceghetti; 7 October 2010, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezio View Post
          So what kind of questions should i expect to be asked?
          The list of topics you will be questioned on is in the file that came attached to the notification email.

Comment

How am i supposed to prepare when i'm only given a list of the requirements 6 days in advance?
            As a minimum any potential employer would ask for educational qualifications, references and other relevant information. If you want to enlist in the PDF, you need to present yourself in the best possible way to be given serious consideration as a viable candidate. I see you are a RDF Cpl, so I would suggest you get a reference from your CO. Other suggestions for references are from current/previous employer, secondary school head master or third level lecturer. PM me if you want some interview advice that I can send you.
            Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

As a minimum any potential employer would ask for educational qualifications, references and other relevant information. If you want to enlist in the PDF, you need to present yourself in the best possible way to be given serious consideration as a viable candidate. I see you are a RDF Cpl, so I would suggest you get a reference from your CO. Other suggestions for references are from current/previous employer, secondary school head master or third level lecturer. PM me if you want some interview advice that I can send you.
              And those references and educational requirements were already given in electronic form via the initial application and i didn't know they needed them again in paper form.

As of today i have gotten everything sorted.

Comment

You will need to have ALL addresses at which you have lived since you were knee high. This is for the Security clearance. We have one lad who applied to join us last year - he had 25 previous addresses, and he was only 23.

Remember - the number of applications for enlistmemnt are high - do not give them any excuse to reject you. Be prepared, ask family or friends to help you to get all the bits & pieces you will need. This is what they are looking for - are you switched on and ready for the off. The last thing the army needs is to recruit a slacker, and then have to turf him/her out because he/she is not organised.

Comment

Originally posted by Steyr Fan View Post
                  You will need to have ALL addresses at which you have lived since you were knee high. This is for the Security clearance. We have one lad who applied to join us last year - he had 25 previous addresses, and he was only 23.

Remember - the number of applications for enlistmemnt are high - do not give them any excuse to reject you. Be prepared, ask family or friends to help you to get all the bits & pieces you will need. This is what they are looking for - are you switched on and ready for the off. The last thing the army needs is to recruit a slacker, and then have to turf him/her out because he/she is not organised.
                  Yeah i've gone through all our documents in the old dusty cupboard and uncovered all our previous addresses since i was born

happy days!

Comment

General service enlistment questions

I applied for general service into army and did my fitness test in Cork last Friday, I applied for all brigades and have another fitness test in Dublin tomorrow.

Afterwards someone told me I was only supposed to apply for one brigade so I voided my chances, but I was shore I read somewhere that you should apply for all brigades to increase, your chances of been recruited.

So can anyone tell me if that's true or not?

I'm also curious on how many applied for general service enlistment and how many will be recruited? I heard over 5000 applied and competition is tough, hardly 5000?

Comment

+1

Mmmm....

References are a standard part of virtually any job application these days

All addresses lived at is part of the enlistment paperwork for the RDF

Birth Cert would be required as part of RDF enlistment too - make sure it's the
                      LONG FORM birth cert, this will probably be requested at some point

L-C results - if you don't have them at home, or can't find them, a phone call to
                      ask how to get a copy of them, to the Dept Of Education, should sort that out

Sound advice there from the two "Fans"

Best of luck !!!
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Afterwards someone told me I was only supposed to apply for one brigade so I voided my chances, but I was shore I read somewhere that you should apply for all brigades to increase, your chances of been recruited.
                        they wouldn't have called you for the second fitness test if it was true....say nothing and keep saying it.

Let them find out for themselves.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Right lads, I have read and re-read the email sent to me regarding my interview and all its telling me to bring is
                          "1. Printed copy of this email.
                          2. Photographic ID - Passport, Driving License, Garda ID or National ID Card only.
                          3. Original's of any education,trade or other qualifications you wish the Interview Board to take into consideration."
                          Plus I'll have to take my LA89, but it doesn't mention anything about references at all!
                          I would have thought that every Interview email would be the same, I just don't want to turn up missing required items!

Comment

Originally posted by Steyr Fan View Post
                            You will need to have ALL addresses at which you have lived since you were knee high.
                            Has to go back to birth not just knee high and include the dates you lived there (years will do, eg 1999-2001), all years must be accounted for.

Originally posted by jim048 View Post
                            I applied for general service into army and did my fitness test in Cork last Friday, I applied for all brigades and have another fitness test in Dublin tomorrow.

So can anyone tell me if that's true or not??
                            It would have been true in the past but not in this competition!

To quote the DF Press Officer on Facebook, "Contact the recruitment office at 01 804 2144/2146/2109"

How to Join
                            Applicants should note that they may only apply for ONE Brigade.

To Apply select your Brigade

Eastern Brigade Southern Brigade Western Brigade Defence Forces Training Centre
                            http://www.military.ie/careers/enlis.../army/army.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
                              Right lads, I have read and re-read the email sent to me regarding my interview and all its telling me to bring is
                              "1. Printed copy of this email.
                              2. Photographic ID - Passport, Driving License, Garda ID or National ID Card only.
                              3. Original's of any education,trade or other qualifications you wish the Interview Board to take into consideration."
                              Plus I'll have to take my LA89, but it doesn't mention anything about references at all!
                              I would have thought that every Interview email would be the same, I just don't want to turn up missing required items!
                              The recruitment office told me the LA-89 only applies to ex-PDF

What is the LA-89??

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                                Mmmm....

References are a standard part of virtually any job application these days

All addresses lived at is part of the enlistment paperwork for the RDF

Birth Cert would be required as part of RDF enlistment too - make sure it's the
                                LONG FORM birth cert, this will probably be requested at some point

L-C results - if you don't have them at home, or can't find them, a phone call to
                                ask how to get a copy of them, to the Dept Of Education, should sort that out

Sound advice there from the two "Fans"

Best of luck !!!
                                Which is why i said:
                                And those references and educational requirements were already given in electronic form via the initial application and i didn't know they needed them again in paper form.

As of today i have gotten everything sorted.
                                But thanks anyways!

Comment

Working...
                                X