No announcement yet.

New blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD, I'm surprised at you. For someone who spent many the hour debating weighty matters after hours to express surprise. Come January I can see you in the corner with your ould Glengarry on, inside out and back to front
    I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
    Who is number 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
      TD, I'm surprised at you. For someone who spent many the hour debating weighty matters after hours to express surprise. Come January I can see you in the corner with your ould Glengarry on, inside out and back to front
      You're obviously not with the program, Prisoner

My travels continue apace, unfortunately....

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Bit of good news.Two furthur recruit platoons pencilled in for BTC south in 2011.One in march the next in september.AFAIK they are also coming out of the last campaigns list.
        Good news for those who disdnt make it last time.
        Last edited by apod; 26 December 2010, 08:28. Reason: Requested to.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Good news for the DF as a whole. Hopefully the same will be happening in the East and West!!
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• why would it just be regional recruiting? isn't that like discrimination a little bit?!

anyhow any recruitment is good news so good luck.
            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              why would it just be regional recruiting? isn't that like discrimination a little bit?!

It isn't discrimination in any way. Most people applied for all brigades.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

why would it just be regional recruiting?
                Presumably that is where the powers-that-be see the most pressing needs ?
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

why would it just be regional recruiting? isn't that like discrimination a little bit?!

It's Bde specific recruitment as obviously certain Bde's have manpower issues, however you don't have to live within the Bde area to apply

Comment

• There are alot of rumors that the easternbde will be recruiting in march,they put the top 150 people that applied in the last recruitment on a waiting list so I wonder if that means they will be recruiting more than 1 platoon next time

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunn1 View Post
                      There are alot of rumors that the easternbde will be recruiting in march,they put the top 150 people that applied in the last recruitment on a waiting list so I wonder if that means they will be recruiting more than 1 platoon next time
                      It's a lot more then 150. There are at least 500 people on the waiting list. I know one person who's number is in the mid 400's.

Thats in the Southern Bde anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                        It's a lot more then 150. There are at least 500 people on the waiting list. I know one person who's number is in the mid 400's.

Thats in the Southern Bde anyways.
                        The western Bde applicants who didn't get to the medicals but passed the interview were sent an e-mail telling them that they would be contacted, in the new year, with their placement number for consideration later in 2011, when they hope to recruit again.
                        CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• Originally posted by REX View Post
                          The western Bde applicants who didn't get to the medicals but passed the interview were sent an e-mail telling them that they would be contacted, in the new year, with their placement number for consideration later in 2011, when they hope to recruit again.
                          Yeah, thats what i'm on about. I got that email as well.

Comment

• I got the same email for the eastern bde,I got my number already I made it into the top 100 but with 40 gone off the list I'm in the top 60 now and I joined the fca,the fca interview was just as hard as the PDF interview,shows how hard it is to get into the arm now a days

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunn1 View Post
                              I got the same email for the eastern bde,I got my number already I made it into the top 100 but with 40 gone off the list I'm in the top 60 now and I joined the fca,the fca interview was just as hard as the PDF interview,shows how hard it is to get into the arm now a days
                              Nice to see someone somewhere is making an effort to screen out the Walter Mittys at source !

Comment

Working...
                              X