No announcement yet.

Too Old for RDF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair play to you for sticking at the process.

Comment

Hi all,

I think you should go for it, if its what you want to do. I think your long enough in the tooth to get on with any rubbish that comes your way if your experience is on the mark. it will be fun for you if that is what your into.
      Some great points on both sides of the fence re the argument... but im FOR it.

DITH
      Hopefully the mayan's got it right and were all on a one way ticket outta here!!

Comment

If you are Southern Brigade, then you had better get moving fast as you have a training weekend this weekend coming and it is your last chance to get on recruit training this year

Comment

Originally posted by Col View Post
          OK - update: After over over 2 years on the waiting list, I've finally been sworn in a few days short of being too old! Cant believe it TBH...

Starting recruit training shortly - anyone got any advice/hints or tips for me?
          Fair play to ya

Immediate tip - start running - passing fitness testing came in with the new revision of the RDF Recruit Trg Syllabus (2011), and this has to be
          passed prior to going on FTT in the summer
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Hi All,

Congrats! and enjoy the training, remember to tie your cefo tight for runs, and pack your gear properly..... hmmmm Advice... when going on the ground its amazing what a dry pair of socks will do for your feet... dry them then put them on heaven in a boot... or boots for the tabbing...

DITH
            Hopefully the mayan's got it right and were all on a one way ticket outta here!!

Comment

Bring biscuits. Soggy or otherwise.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Good to see recruitment has been sanctioned for the RDF again.

Comment

Please let us know what part of Ireland you are in. If you are in the East there are certain people due a phonecall for not letting me know.

Comment

E Bde RDF is supposedly recruiting at minute ... about ten per company... go up this week to your local unit anyone that wants to be recruited, would be my advice.... and that was the last rumour I had heard.
                    Last edited by morpheus; 8 February 2012, 12:32.
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

67bn in Dundalk have limited recruitment ongoing!
                      Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                        Please let us know what part of Ireland you are in. If you are in the East there are certain people due a phonecall for not letting me know.
                        Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                        E Bde RDF is supposedly recruiting at minute ... about ten per company... go up this week to your local unit anyone that wants to be recruited, would be my advice.... and that was the last rumour I had heard.
                        Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                        67bn in Dundalk have limited recruitment ongoing!
                        Jaysus, I wonder do my mob know that ? Currently, we have three recruits in Module 1 training

According to the syllabus, part of Module 1 is done by the parent unit, the remainder, plus Module 2 is done by the BTC (or designated unit)

But accroding to one of the Trg NCOs, there is catch up going on, and they are being compelled to do as much of Module 1 themselves as they can, to
                        ensure the bods are correctly prep'd

From what I know, they have slots boxed off with an Inf Bn to do their summer Module 2 training
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Someone is telling porkies wrt recruitment. Caveat: may only apply to the East, and it may well be me telling the porkies. Finally, is the 2011 syll not withdrawn still ? Chuckles ...
                          Last edited by trellheim; 8 February 2012, 16:15.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Finally, is the 2011 syll not withdrawn still ?
                            Withdrawn??? Since when? S Bde doing the 2011 syllabus

Comment

just checking to make sure you're still awake, I know what you're doing. But I had thought it had been kiboshed from on high.

Comment

No they are doing it properly now i.e. with the appropriate timelines instead of making us cram it into a quarter of the time allocated like last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X