Too Old for RDF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So very very gay. But thanks sweetheart :p
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

• Don't ask, don't tell is in full effect in the DF

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
        Don't ask, don't tell is in full effect in the DF
        Keep reaching for that Rainbow.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
          With the calibre of lads that I mentioned above, along with new Recruit Syllabus, RDFTA rocking away etc. and the likes of Trell and B20 higher up the ladder, I think there's a chance the RDF could well grasp the opportunity with both hands. To the benefit of both the RDF and PDF.
          You would think.

But I have seen the clique running my unit change 3 times and watched as intergration was bashed out of existance. And heard the retoric of "if I was in charge.................."
          But each time that things have changed and the new order rose there was always excuses as to why things just slipped back to the way it was.

The only game in town at the moment seems to be the ITs.
          I've done my part 1&2 in the park. (only got grade 2 but I won't try and say that I was tired after doing a night shift)
          Don't know when I wil get to do the loaded march but until I do there is nothing else for me to do.
          Many of the mature lads in my unit are getting bored.
          TBH at this stage we are all sick of hearing things will be better.
          If this isn't sorted quckly its not going to matter whether the 400 recruits are 17 or 27 as the only ones that will be in the bks will be the old school mess budies as everyone else will have found something more interesting to do.

Comment

• I'm not looking for qualified all I want is those who have settled into married life with a job looking for an active , different social outlet.

You need to be 17 to join, it takes approx 1 year to become a 2* and approx another year to be upgraded to 3*, a requirement of the PNCO course is at least 1 year as 3*(and it used to be 2* Tech) - so there should never have been teenage corporals
            there are and I didn't promote them.

Two years with basics done is not a qualified corporal, he should have done at least 75% of disciplines available to his rank and corps before being allowed to even consider application.

That would mean in the cavalry at least one driving course,one gunnery course , ISTAR and at least as junior recce course, at least twenty three if the courses are run consecutively
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
              Two years with basics done is not a qualified corporal, he should have done at least 75% of disciplines available to his rank and corps before being allowed to even consider application.

That would mean in the cavalry at least one driving course,one gunnery course , ISTAR and at least as junior recce course, at least twenty three if the courses are run consecutively
              the problem is with the level of rdf churn those in the powers to affect the rdf will chose churn reduction over anything else, hence the kiddie jncos
              You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

• Promotion does not affect churn reduction positively. It only turns a small problem into a larger one. The key issue is far as I can see is having the soldier serve in a unit with a strong esprit de corps that engenders camaraderie. Couple that to a tight discipline and you have a unit that could mow the lawn every Tuesday night and they'd still turn up. Add courses that address unit needs, and the gaps in the soldiers knowledge and run them hardcore ; and you've a unit to beat most others.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• With beating other units being a popular operational capability in times of war.
                  "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

• do you hold you rank if you go from pdf to rdf on retiement???

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                      do you hold you rank if you go from pdf to rdf on retiement???
                      See DFR R5

>>HERE <<
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• If you retire would that not imply you have reached the end of your service?

More properly then would it only be if you reached the end of your sevice contract you could go into the RDF?

(TD you on night shift again?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                          If you retire would that not imply you have reached the end of your service?

More properly then would it only be if you reached the end of your sevice contract you could go into the RDF?

(TD you on night shift again?)
                          Yes and yes and no...
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                          X