40mm for the AUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40mm for the AUG

Hey y'all i'm new to the board. Just wondering does anyone know how many 40mm units get issued to platoons/ sections etc. A mate of mine in the fifth hasnt even see one yet!!

Mod: [Information deleted,contrary to OSA]
    Last edited by Joshua; 25 October 2003, 17:12.

Comment

Someone has been reading Sven Hassel novels, methinks
      Take these men and women for your example.
      Like them, remember that posterity can only
      be for the free; that freedom is the sure
      possession of those who have the
      courage to defend it.
      Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
      If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

You beat me to the punch, Jag?

Porta, how's Tiny????
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.Thanks dangermouse. Tinys fine...probably still lurking around in the french foreign legion somewhere!!

Comment

Guys, if you want to "chat" use the chat room or PM each other.

Regards etc

Comment

There was a feature on the 40m in An Cosantóir / Connect a while back. See if you can track this down afor the info in question.

Comment

had one in my hand was a bit on the heavy side , although it had a kite site attached , accuracy must suffer a bit !!! but a cool piece of kit
                "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Kite sight and grenade launcher is overkill. Kite sight itself weighs almost as much as the steyr...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Why is it called Kite site and not a Night Vision Scope?
                    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

It the model name I think.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Kite-Site
                        Kite and Maxi-Kite are compact, light weight night vision sights for use as a portable long range surveillance weapon sights. This fully ruggedised system has x6 magnification (as maxi-kite) and provides a high resolution image for effective observation and accurate weapon aiming at longer range targets. Maxi-Kite is produced by adding an afocal lens assembly to the already fully proven and highly successful Kite night sight, which is now in service with more than 40 countries. Maxi-Kite can be supplied either as a complete sight unit or as an upgrade to the standard Kite night sight. It can be fitted with a suitable graticule to fully interface with a weapon's ballistic characteristics. The sight is particularly suited for use on sniper rifles and crew-served weapons. Weapon interface brackets can also be provided

Compact, lightweight

Fully ruggedised

High resolution image

X6 lens available as Maxi-Kite

In service with more than 40 countries

x6 Afocal maxi-adapter.
                        25mm windage and elevation adjustments.
                        Sporting rifle mount.
                        Hard transit case

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Held a steyr with kite sights and m203 during the summer and I can tell ya that there is some weight in it.
                          Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                          http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

It wasn't by any chance at the Salthill Airshow that you got your hands on it, was it???
                            The lads from Athlone rolled out all the guchi gear for the display this year!! Very nice!!
                            "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

Working...
                            X