Cool.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool.....

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Check this out. Nice set of photos courtesey of the NS of the army. Artillery to be specific, some lovely shots in here.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...d=221391530943

Check this out. Nice set of photos courtesey of the NS of the army. Artillery to be specific, some lovely shots in here.
    Nice.
    Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

lots of white hands there....
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Are there any rules on the wearing of gloves in a gun crew ? Looking at it from a health & safety point of view that has crept into every aspect of training..
        Last edited by knocker; 26 October 2010, 00:04.
        Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
          so? it was a firing practice, not a tactical exercise.

i think the cam was a token effort but it's about the firing and it looks like they had a great day.

great pics, well done lads.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
            Gun nets hide a multitude of sins.
            Originally posted by knocker View Post
            Are there any rules on the wearing of gloves in a gun crew ? Looking at it from a health & safety point of view that has crept into every aspect of training..
            There are some situations where the loader HAS to wear gloves, and others where they are banned. Depends on the weapon in use and the position in the gun crew.

Comment

Why are the brass shell cases discoloured, they look like they have being oxidised due to heat

in the 200 C plus range, Can the cases be reused.?

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                Why are the brass shell cases discoloured, they look like they have being oxidised due to heat

in the 200 C plus range, Can the cases be reused.?
                Brass isn't always used, some batches of 90mm I fired a few years back came from a SA supplier, and were a similar colour. It was still metal, but looked more like brass coloured alloy.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Camouflage - reasonably effective
                  Lack of camouflage from front - not effective at all.
                  Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

I could be wrong but artillery may be camo'ed up, then uncovered to fire and then move as artillery locating radar/spotters/aircraft/sound ranaging will know where they are and counter-battery fire will be incoming.

Comment

If the barrel is elevated, it means that there is a fire mission in progress.
                      After a mission is completed, the barrel is lowered to stops making the gun somewhat less conspicuous.
                      Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post

in the 200 C plus range, Can the cases be reused?
                        Of course they can. Many's the officer who has one in their
                        front hall as an umbrella stand.......
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Caption Competition:

" Whatever you do, sir, DO NOT DROP THAT ROUND ! "

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                            As I was saying....

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              I have a 18 pounder shell case doing the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X