X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priest with para wings?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfmagaz...7625326172820/

I thought a priest is just a priest with no military training??

Angel or Praying Mantis

Comment

Originally posted by Vamp369 View Post
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfmagaz...7625326172820/

I thought a priest is just a priest with no military training??
      He did his cse about 10 yrs ago..He is Head Chaplin now.
      Last edited by Craghopper; 10 November 2010, 00:30.

Comment

So priests with in the df can any course they want?

Comment

So priests with in the df can any course they want?
          why not? it's a good chance for him to gain more common ground with the men he is there to support.

we had a chaplain take part in our Milan Cadre years ago and he even fired a missile - the bloke was a lunatic but he got presented his Anti-Tanks badge along with the rest of us.

i respect guys like this, fair play to him.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
            why not? it's a good chance for him to gain more common ground with the men he is there to support.

we had a chaplain take part in our Milan Cadre years ago and he even fired a missile - the bloke was a lunatic but he got presented his Anti-Tanks badge along with the rest of us.

i respect guys like this, fair play to him.
            good point .it shows he can be one of the lads to..

Comment

So is a priest a soldier first or a priest first? I think it's a waste of training resources to train someone who wont put the training to use.

Comment

A top man, he married us there a fortnight ago. Genuinely nice guy.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

So is a priest a soldier first or a priest first? I think it's a waste of training resources to train someone who wont put the training to use.
                  Not when that persons job is to be able to relate to the job and experiences of those he serves with.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

There were priests airdropped in on D-Day with the troops. Have you not seen the Longest Day?

Comment

I think it's a waste of training resources to train someone who wont put the training to use

You could same the same of 99% of people who parachute qualify..they will never deploy from the skies.

A good chaplain is worth his weight in gold.And if they want a crack at something that goes with the job why not..after all they didn't just get the wings.. he had to qualify as all others do.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by kermit View Post
                        There were priests airdropped in on D-Day with the troops. Have you not seen the Longest Day?
                        Really?? I have seen it but can't remember it, been a while. I got the impression they stayed in barracks or camp, but I stand corrected. Fair play to them for doing that

Comment

He's does use it. He goes goes though some of what the troops that are under his pastoral care go though, giving him an insight into their lives and the troops have a more of respect for that.

Comment

Really?? I have seen it but can't remember it, been a while. I got the impression they stayed in barracks or camp, but I stand corrected. Fair play to them for doing that
                            They had a big part in WWII

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/s...a4009727.shtml

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Tribut...ll-a0207368942

Comment

I think it's a waste of training resources to train someone who wont put the training to use.
                              Eh the RDF man???
                              When was the last time you put your training to "use"?
                              WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Working...
                              X