replied
    Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
    I'll get my coat.
    Do you need a hand to get it on?

Leave a comment:

• Flamingo
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    There isn't. Shur didn't he allow each unit to recruit 0.7 recruits each....
    Which was a clever move, as they would automatically fail the medical due to having at least one limb missing, therefore resulting in a de-facto zero recruitment...

I'll get my coat.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    There isn't. Shur didn't he allow each unit to recruit 0.7 recruits each....

Leave a comment:

• luchi
    replied
    But AFAICR in answer to one of the PQs a couple of weeks back the minister said HE did not say there was to be an RDF recruitment ban and as far as he knew there was not one.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I understand that ALL ps recruitment must be approved by D/Fin. Unless the Minister was asked by the DoD specifically to allow recruitment to the reserve, he wouldn't need to make an annuncement on it.
    I'm willing to bet that all future recruitment will wait on the result of the RDF Audit.

Leave a comment:

• luchi
    replied
    Did the minister deny it (RDF ban) or was it more of an "I didn't do it and I don't know if anyone else did, so don't ask me" sort of thing?

But what is the story with the allowance. Did someone say it was not to be paid or was there some other criteria?

Leave a comment:

• Vickers
    started a topic The tail wagging the dog

The tail wagging the dog

It appears to me that the Minister of Defence does not know what his Civil Servents are doing. The instruction that the RDF were not to recruit which the Minister denied in the Dáil is one example and is this another? http://pdforra.ie/news/?p=505
Working...
X