next platoon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next platoon ?

hey all first post, not sure if right forum.
    but was just wondering ,if anyone would know if another platoon(east brigade) will be taken on after this current one.
    I was given a waiting list number before christmas , which was no: 21. im aged 24 and turn 25 on 11th of june.Was told im on the list for a year , but am afraid if i turn 25 in june im screwed,or does it matter once im on the list.Any feedback will be much appreciated

Thanks

Originally posted by collins View Post
    but was just wondering ,if anyone would know if another platoon(east brigade) will be taken on after this current one.
    I was given a waiting list number before christmas , which was no: 21. im aged 24 and turn 25 on 11th of june.Was told im on the list for a year , but am afraid if i turn 25 in june im screwed,or does it matter once im on the list.Any feedback will be much appreciated

Thanks
    No, I'm afraid not

Unfortunately, once you are over the age limit, at the time of the intake, that's it, all bets are off
    - even if you ARE on the list

As regards whether another Pln is being taken in, others on the board here will be
    more clued in on that score than I would be...

Welcome aboard, BTW...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

March has been suggested as the next intake with a possible one again in the autumn.

You would have to below the cut off point age limit wise before the date of attestation which is the date you are actually sworn in.

Alternatively should you have a suitable educational qualification or have served some time in the reserve this would be taken into consideration to give you an extension out to 27.
      Last edited by hptmurphy; 11 January 2011, 09:50.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

thanks for replys,yeah kinda heard march myself from few lads,but wanted to get firmer answers from people (who would know)like yourselfs.very nervous as its my last chance and something i really want.Would be alright if i was not 24 .Hope to god its March or before June

Comment

Originally posted by collins View Post

Thanks
          From what I've been told, there'll be another Platoon in the East before your 25th brithday.

Comment

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to exude the virtues of joining the british army after you hit 25,

Good luck & hope you get in
            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

sound lads really appreiciate the replys

Comment

If you are 21 on the list should that not have meant you got in, I thought the top 40 got recruited, I remember reading a lads post saying he was number 44 and he was second substitute.

Comment

got an email start of december ,saying unfortunatly u did not make this recruitment this time but you are on a waiting list for a year , and are currently number 21.so im guessing the 40 or watever that was taken on,got it .and then numbers starting from 1 to watever wer given out after thet forty or so........

Comment

I get you now,I got that same email too,but I'm lost at how the lad that was 44 was second substitute if their are 43 people ahead of him so that's why I thought the top 40 on the list got in,did you do a medical?

Comment

unless your man was no 4 on the list ,and is just sayin 44 which is including the 40.like i got 21 but altogether i came 61st if u know wat i mean . no i didnt do any medical yet ,presuming u get it done straight away wen dey call you . which i hope to god is march or april . really depending on this.ave u heard anything?

Comment

Ah I see.so you were 61 but because 40 reruits went in you move up 40 places to 21,I should be in the 40's if that's the way it's working,I heard around 15 people droped out so if a few more drop out you could get a call sooner than march,all the rumors seem to be pointing towards march

Comment

200 new recruits approved.anyone hav an idea if it's all army or does that 200 include navy aswell

Comment

only 1 droped out of the 2010 recruitment

Comment

got email today gormanstown mid-march

Comment

Working...
                              X