X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualification Transfer

Heres a question Ive been wondering for a while. First off, Im RDF

Hopefully at the end of January I should have a AF154 for Nissan with trailer and Minibus under my belt.

If I join the PDF as a recruit or cadet say in the next year, does the AF154 come with me or do I have to start from scratch again?

Also what about weapons courses, fired the 81mm mortar and HMG, do they transfer?

Thanks

Your startin from scratch re weapons courses etc. Not sure about AF154s.
    WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Hang on your joinin the Army?? We need to talk bud!
      WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Its a reserve 154, its completely different* to the pdf 154, you need to do the pdf course.

* there is no difference between then but the pdf dont recognise anything they havent trained you on themselves
        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

I think the excuse given is that your reserve 154 is attached to your reserve service number....
          Strangely, those who transfer from the pdf to rdf have no such problem...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

D Transport must recognise his own qualifications ? Surely not
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

They are the same thing.

Saw this many years ago ,the fact that the syllabus is the same as that of the PDF they are interchangeable...however, just because you have a 154 doesn't mean that the unit will let you drive.

Problem being will you be able to keep them on discharge from the RDF to join the PDF? or are they automatically voided?

The weapons courses, give you a head start but you have to start from scratch.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Its the same as a certificate of competency I thought
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                  They are the same thing.

Saw this many years ago ,the fact that the syllabus is the same as that of the PDF they are interchangeable...however, just because you have a 154 doesn't mean that the unit will let you drive.

Problem being will you be able to keep them on discharge from the RDF to join the PDF? or are they automatically voided?

The weapons courses, give you a head start but you have to start from scratch.
                  Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  Its the same as a certificate of competency I thought
                  Driving courses are exactly the same for PDF and RDF, the way the course is ran my be different (eg over weekends & 2 weeks) but the testers are the same.

The RDF ILSW courses are just an introduction course (different syllabaii that cover a lot less) and therefore definitely don't transfer over.

Comment

Driving courses are exactly the same for PDF and RDF, the way the course is ran my be different (eg over weekends & 2 weeks) but the testers are the same.

The RDF ILSW courses are just an introduction course (different syllabaii that cover a lot less) and therefore definitely don't transfer over.
                    Is there an echo in here?
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                      Its a reserve 154, its completely different* to the pdf 154, you need to do the pdf course.
                      Rubbish. The AF 154 is issued by DTPT and training is regulated through TVMS so RDF or PDF the qualification is the same. A few in my unit joined the PDF and were mod 3 qualified. All the they had to do was an assessment drive with an instructor from BDE TPT and they continued as drivers.
                      Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Originally posted by Snacker View Post
                        Hang on your joinin the Army?? We need to talk bud!
                        [Mod: Irrelevant material removed - get used to this happening if you continue to drag threads off topic]

back on topic - i'd say the lads are right though in saying your accredited Irish DF quals would carry across if they are the same syllabus and you attain the same qual as your DF counterparts, the same works for our TA so i reckon you would be OK going across to the PDF. give the Irish DF recruiting team a call mate they will be able to tell you i'm sure.
                        Last edited by Barry; 16 January 2011, 00:15.
                        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

With respect RGJ, the AF154 is one of the most exclusive documents in the military worldwide. In KFOR, irish troops could drive any assigned KFOR vehicle, but no soldier in KFOR without a 154 could not drive our vehicles.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

lol you obviously haven't met our MT then - or the Canadians!

one document issued by one force cannot dictate that it can drive any other forces vehicles, despite whatever went on in Kosovo.
                            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              With respect RGJ, the AF154 is one of the most exclusive documents in the military worldwide. In KFOR, irish troops could drive any assigned KFOR vehicle, but no soldier in KFOR without a 154 could not drive our vehicles.
                              Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                              lol you obviously haven't met our MT then - or the Canadians!

one document issued by one force cannot dictate that it can drive any other forces vehicles, despite whatever went on in Kosovo.
                              That isn't what Goldie said RGJ, he said that in KFOR it prevented other forces driving Irish (owned) vehicles.

If I remember rightly, many of the KFOR and EUFOR BiH posts (especialy NSE etc) required a civilian driving licence (not sure if they had to get a 154 or not).

Comment

Working...
                              X