Signaller rescues man from drowning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signaller rescues man from drowning

Good drills. People have got DSMs for similar in the past.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

well done to that woman hope she gets her due rewards as anyone who saves a life should be given//

Comment

brilliant, well done that girl.

she is quite fit too - bonus.

seriously though a really big well done to her.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Excellent work from Signalman Kells - just the sort of PR that the army needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
          "Signalman"?????

drag this off to a new topic if ya like but that's pretty sexist, i thought you lot were all into equality and all that?
          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Does the Royal Navy have Seawomen?

Comment

Does the Royal Navy have Seawomen?
              i have no idea what the shipmates or flyboys do but i'm used to being told on here how in the Irish DF everyone is equal unlike the British Army - this doesn't reflect this.

however keeping on topic, whether she is a Signalman or Signalwoman or Signaller - well done girl.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                "Signalman"?????

drag this off to a new topic if ya like but that's pretty sexist, i thought you lot were all into equality and all that?
                'Twas Signalwoman when I last checked, Barry
                (abbreviated to Sgwmn)

Anyways, well done that lady
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  'Twas Signalwoman when I last checked, Barry
                  (abbreviated to Sgwmn)

Anyways, well done that lady
                  Check the dfr's. I believe the rank is signalman. When the ladies came into signals it was changed by local arrangement only. A change to signaller would be appropriate though.

Do the call them privateess in the infantry?

Comment

Dsm???
                    WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                      I don't see why a soldier should be awarded militarily for something they do in their civilian time.
                      What if she used what she had learnt in her military training to carry out said act? ie, if she was a civvy, she wouldn't have done it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Here If Big Jim got a DSM for makin the Army soft then surely your one can get one for having a set of spuds and saving a life!

And as you know kermit PDFers dont have civlian time......
                        But there's no danger
                        It's a professional career
                        Though it could be arranged
                        With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                        If you're out of luck you're out of work
                        We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Signals/CIS Corps to the fore as always !!!
                          Bohs till I die

Comment

The Coastguard and Water Safety give awards tor such acts,quite a few Gardai are awarded for similiar acts at the biannual bash.

Comment

No DSM..off duty .

DSMs are only handed out to those performing acts above and beyond while in the course of their duties.

Lets just say I was in a similar situation some years ago.

Water safety Association will probably give her an award.

Good stuff that soldier..at least I can't be wrong in using that term.She is a credit to the army ,probably get a hearty hand shake from here OC.

The she has the award that she probably would care most about , the fact she save another human life.It stays with you when you put yourself in danger to save another and the feeling you get is reward enough.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X