Medical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by collins View Post
    done my medical yesterday, all was good. its exactly what dev said.DONT LISTEN TO LOUD MUSIC BEFOREHAND.bleeps are really low.to be honest the sound-proof booth,isnt really soundproof so just concentrate on the sounds. one of the lads was deemed unfit due to his eyesight,he has glasses but dosnt wear them, he was told he has till monday to get dem sorted
    i done mine on monday aswell, can you remember if he said when hed email us about our bloods and urine test? and do u know his name?

Comment

Originally posted by bal View Post
      i done mine on monday aswell, can you remember if he said when hed email us about our bloods and urine test? and do u know his name?
      MOD: Welcome bal. No names please.
      "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by Vickers View Post
        MOD: Welcome bal. No names please.
        oh right sorry, didnt know.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          Not sure myself but it harder to get rid of you once you are in.
          You think so ?

Does the phrase "Does Not Meet Defence Forces Medical Standards" ring a bell ???
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Have you ever heard it in relation to RDF?

Comment

A number on the book is better than none
              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Yes, In days when GP went into barracks instead of sending bods to the Curragh...one cadre NCO was freaking about being told by GP that recruit was underweight and having to tell parent that recruit was underweight!
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Not to date, but having said that, it is there...
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Anyone know when the results of the blood tests are back

Comment

Just a quick question on BMI? I went 4 my medical and i was failed because my bmi was 2 over what it should of bin, now i was only like half a stone over what i should of bin but the doc said its got to do with the fat more than the weight now i've dropped the half stone and am at my healthy weight etc but my bmi is still too high is there anyting else i can do to get it down and i'm on a pretty mean routine in the gym but its not showing much results like, as well as that my own GP said due to my large build it would be very difficult for me to get it down anyway any suggestions tips please and thanks??

Comment

I taught the medical was only weight & height, not actually BMI?!

The BMI is definitely taken at the time of the physical, if you fail you get the skin callipers, if you fail that bye bye.

Comment

I taught the medical was only weight & height, not actually BMI?!
                          Medical for recruting is eye test, hearing test, blood pressure, chest x-ray, dental, Doctor groping your balls etc but no BMI.

The BMI is definitely taken at the time of the physical, if you fail you get the skin callipers, if you fail that bye bye.
                          Yep

Comment

BMI is a red herring, as it is a very crude weight/height analysis.

I've known lots of rugby players / weight training types who were all muscle and seriously fit, yet were overweight according to their BMI.

I used to do pre-anaesthetic assessments which had a BMI "target" (of below 35), that we sometimes had to override depending on the individual.

Most Drs should have enough sense to put the chart down and look at the individual. That's where the callipers come in.
                            Last edited by Flamingo; 27 March 2011, 20:18.
                            'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                            'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                            Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                            He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                            http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                              BMI is a red herring, as it is a very crude weight/height analysis.

I've known lots of rugby players / weight training types who were all muscle and seriously fit, yet were overweight according to their BMI.

I used to do pre-anaesthetic assessments which had a BMI "target" (of below 35), that we sometimes had to override depending on the individual.

Most Drs should have enough sense to put the chart down and look at the individual. That's where the callipers come in.
                              If you fail the BMI you get the callipers, if you fail the callipers your fat.

Comment

all i got was d scale no calipers or anyting except a pat on the back and told to try again next time! which to be honest fudged me off no end cos i've bin doin some serious training and dieting like but obviously not enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X