• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    It is more than likely one of the questions that can result in prosecution if you give a false answer
    Lol..I love that one....and then all the illegal enlistmenst went on to be NCOs and lived happily everafter having won the falling plates!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Saab
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    One of the questions for the RDF (presume it is same for PDF) is have you ever been rejected as unfit......
    I know at least 2 lads that were.

Both were given a dead line to come up to spec

In one case it was found that he had a medical condition that should have excluded him from the RDF and so there was no hope for him to reach the required fitness level.

The other re-submitted and as far as I am aware is still in the RDF.

So in answer to the above question, get fit and resubmit.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by georgie View Post
    if you fail a medical is it ok to reapply again in the next recruit comp if the problem is sorted, or does the medical section keep records and prevent from doing so??
    One of the questions for the RDF (presume it is same for PDF) is have you ever been rejected as unfit.....

It is more than likely one of the questions that can result in prosecution if you give a false answer.

Leave a comment:

• georgie
    Recruit

• georgie
    replied
    if you fail a medical is it ok to reapply again in the next recruit comp if the problem is sorted, or does the medical section keep records and prevent from doing so??

Leave a comment:

• Wicklaman
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by REX View Post
    The computer gives the grade, the large gaps are there in case you're just guessing
    Thanks for that, all.

Leave a comment:

• Liachta Cultaca
    BQMS

• Liachta Cultaca
    replied
    Yeah I think there are 5 grades ... H1 to H5

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicklaman View Post
    How, exactly, is this graded, by the way? The first time I reckoned that I had failed (periods of what seemed to be silence), yet I was told that it was perfectly OK.
    There are different grades based on the results - there is either 4 or 6 can't remember which, Grade 1 (called G1) is what you have to get (the level required is in the cadet booklet).

Leave a comment:

• REX
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicklaman View Post
    How, exactly, is this graded, by the way? The first time I reckoned that I had failed (periods of what seemed to be silence), yet I was told that it was perfectly OK.
    The computer gives the grade, the large gaps are there in case you're just guessing

Leave a comment:

• Wicklaman
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    Found the following link recently, it gives a good guide as what to expect on the hearing test.

http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/...-hearing-test/

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    Lt General

• Barry
    replied
    Bear in mind that being able to hear all of those frequencies with your speakers at max volume doesn't guarantee a pass in the audiogram.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Found the following link recently, it gives a good guide as what to expect on the hearing test.

http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/...-hearing-test/

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    Commander in Chief

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad P View Post
    I think you may be wrong there RGJ...

I tore both my ACL & MCL snowboarding & i can assure you once it's treated
    your good to go. Make sure not to hide it from them or under-report it though
    as i did, or you'll get a bollocking from PTI, medic & Sgt.
    But they never said it was a disqualifying factor..
    They can't block you from joining if you pass the fitness tests.
    fair one Mad P and well done, i was only basing my comments on another thread:

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
    We have higher entry standards for fittness, medical, education etc, than the yanks and brits who just take anyone.
    which clearly stated that the Irish DF has higher medical entry standards than the British Army, and if this was the case then joining the Irish DF would surely be out of the question.

the British Army obviously do not "just take anyone" if such an injury prevents you from joining us whilst allowing you into the Irish DF and Rhodes was clearly in the wrong when he made that blanket statement, so i apologise on his behalf.
    RoyalGreenJacket
    Commander in Chief
    Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 29 March 2011, 02:13.

Leave a comment:

• Mad P
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    you will obviously NOT be allowed join the Irish DF if you have torn your ACL as the standards of entry for the Irish DF are higher (so i am told), so i wouldn't even bother applying for the Irish DF mate.

I think you may be wrong there RGJ...

I tore both my ACL & MCL snowboarding & i can assure you once it's treated
    your good to go. Make sure not to hide it from them or under-report it though
    as i did, or you'll get a bollocking from PTI, medic & Sgt.
    But they never said it was a disqualifying factor..
    They can't block you from joining if you pass the fitness tests.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by Napp View Post
    Damnit, another girl chased off IMO.
    And this time, I had nothing to do with it....

Leave a comment:

• gibedepusib0ss
    Closed Account

• gibedepusib0ss
    replied
    Damnit, another girl chased off IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X