X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Reserve Recruit Training Programme

Hey

Any one able to confirm rumours I'm hearing from my cadre (and here) of a new Recruit training programme which has fitness training and testing?
    Last edited by Poiuyt; 15 February 2011, 13:05.

Docman was saying something about it earlier.
    Have you tried PMing him?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Pilot scheme for this year in one BDE as far as I'm aware

Comment

Yes there is a new syllabus of training for recruits.

MOD: I would like to remind members that this is an open forum.
        "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by Infy View Post
          Pilot scheme for this year in one BDE as far as I'm aware
          Incorrect.

TS RDF 18/2011 and yes it includes a mandatory fitness test.

Comment

is there any details that are allowed be posted? i only ask because i am a recruit.

Comment

It's about time the RDF take fitness training into the curriculum.

The standard of some reservists makes you wonder if parade nites are
              the only time they're out doing any exercise.
              The RDF is always on about being taken seriously as a second line to the
              PDF, but how can they be if they are not held to the same physical fitness
              requirements?
              Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 00martz00 View Post
                is there any details that are allowed be posted? i only ask because i am a recruit.
                Information is Restricted

But,

You must complete the Army Fitness Test to Grade 4 before you will be allowed on Full Time Training. There are a number of training weekends which will include briefings on this and PT Training

Grade 4 on Army Fitness test for 17-29 Year olds is:
                29.9 or less on BMI (otherwise Skinfold tests)
                28 Push-ups in a min
                26 sit-ups in a min
                3.2km run in 15min30secs or less.
                Loaded march (with backpack) over 10km in 1hour 33mins

This is a pass or fail test - you either achieve the grade or you have to wait another year.

Other than that your unit should have all the info on it by now. And it can't really be discussed on here.

See below for more on the fitness but be warned, it is the ANNUAL fitness test, not the entrance test
                http://www.military.ie/careers/fitness.htm
                Last edited by Docman; 15 February 2011, 14:16.

Comment

thanks docman really appreciate it.

Comment

is this going to be across the board or just for
                    recruits
                    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by madmark View Post
                      recruits
                      AFAIK, It's right across the board. Must be passed by all ranks prior to FTT on an annual basis and is, of course subject to the age guidlines for timings etc as per PDF IT's.
                      Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Originally posted by madmark View Post
                        recruits
                        It's already on every other Career course, except 2-3* as far as I recall.

Originally posted by Traumagod View Post
                        AFAIK, It's right across the board. Must be passed by all ranks prior to FTT on an annual basis and is, of course subject to the age guidlines for timings etc as per PDF IT's.
                        Incorrect. Well, not yet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                          Information is Restricted

But,

You must complete the Army Fitness Test to Grade 4 before you will be allowed on Full Time Training. There are a number of training weekends which will include briefings on this and PT Training

Grade 4 on Army Fitness test for 17-29 Year olds is:
                          29.9 or less on BMI (otherwise Skinfold tests)
                          28 Push-ups in a min
                          26 sit-ups in a min
                          3.2km run in 15min30secs or less.
                          Loaded march (with backpack) over 10km in 1hour 33mins

This is a pass or fail test - you either achieve the grade or you have to wait another year.

Other than that your unit should have all the info on it by now. And it can't really be discussed on here.

See below for more on the fitness but be warned, it is the ANNUAL fitness test, not the entrance test
                          http://www.military.ie/careers/fitness.htm
                          Are you sure that they will have to pass part 3 (loaded March)?

Comment

i know about career courses what i wanted to know was it been brought in as a annual IT
                            Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Are you sure that they will have to pass part 3 (loaded March)?
                              Yep.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                              X