Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Crag;

What variant of a 154 covers them lads.

I remember as a young Pte/Cpl sitting in various airplanes and train carriges as a hostage

like S&S I firstly thought being a baddie would be exciting- then saw how they were dealt with and vowed

never to hijack anything in my life.

The wing are the consumate professionals, there is no doubt about that.

With the wing so highly trained do we need the ERU to actually do this role-

If it was established that the Wing respond to any situation where there is an armed hostage, this would

surely free up the ERU for the valuable work they do.

Why have 2 forces doing the same job in a small place like this.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
      Are they Segways I see before me, What role are they used for in the DF and has one got offroad tyres.

The mind Boggles

Comment

The segway allows EOD personnel wearing a bomb suit to approach devices without tiring themselves out in the process.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

And this one also.

6x6 John Deere M-Gator

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            And this one also.

6x6 John Deere M-Gator
            Can we assume the scenario was 'dirty bomb'?

Comment

Originally posted by madmullen58 View Post
              Can we assume the scenario was 'dirty bomb'?
              Yes, there was a wee article in the Herald about it today. An Ex down in Dublin Port involving the DF, DFB, Garda and some other folk.

I thought I was seeing things last Friday when I saw someone with a backpack on heading up towards the Ordnance Yard on a Segway... Turns out I wasn't

Comment

can I ask why all my posts where removed along with others? I understand some where off topic but mine where in reference to the excerise?

Rgds

BMax
                British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
                Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Originally posted by The Blue Max View Post
                  can I ask why all my posts where removed along with others? I understand some where off topic but mine where in reference to the excerise?

Rgds

BMax
                  I posted in a thread and confronted someone telling lies and he deleted the whole thread!! the mods have the power!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Blue Max View Post

Rgds

BMax
                    1 post was moved (not removed) by accident and has be returned to this thread

Comment

Thanks Dev appreciate it.

BMax
                      British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
                      Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Last time I saw that aircraft it was in the hangers with loads of little cotton bags hanging out of it

and was the subject of a dispute between Ryanair and SR. Tec

Comment

Whats with the grey hazmat/cbrn suits with green duct tape? Is it for training only?
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

I'd assume the duct tape is to ensure seals are secure (not to replace the seals).

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
                              The segway allows EOD personnel wearing a bomb suit to approach devices without tiring themselves out in the process.
                              remember seeing a EOD bod in full suit using a kids scooter for same thing previously.

green duct tape is used to ensure seals are all airtight at joins of clothing, gloves, respirators, etc.
                              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Apologies in advance if this borders on OPSEC. In the event of a CBRN incident , are there Gardai trained in CBRN to act as cordon security etc or would this fall to the army to provide the manpower and skills needed ?
                                Last edited by knocker; 20 April 2011, 03:32.
                                Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X