Military Ambulance 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Ambulance 1

I wonder do people realise how much work the Military Ambulance from the curragh does on a day to day basis. Working in the HSE amb service at the mo I am constantly seeing them doing civilian calls all over kildare. With Naas only having 2 ambs which are always out the next in line will most likely be from the Curragh. I know from having served in the DF all they get is Duty money which we all know is worth nothing. Fair play to all involved.

Originally posted by debullet View Post
    I wonder do people realise how much work the Military Ambulance from the curragh does on a day to day basis. Working in the HSE amb service at the mo I am constantly seeing them doing civilian calls all over kildare. With Naas only having 2 ambs which are always out the next in line will most likely be from the Curragh. I know from having served in the DF all they get is Duty money which we all know is worth nothing. Fair play to all involved.
    +1
    Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

+1
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Fair play to them. I suppose it gives them a chance to keep their skills up, I know from over here that Haslar Hospital was mainly treating NHS patients although it was tri-service, the argument being that it kept everybody's skills up having real patients to treat, regardless of where they came from (this was in the 90's, I hasten to add).

Not to take anything away from the crews, I'm sure they do sterling work.

Out of curiosity, what do they wear? A version of paramedic uniforms, or army greens?
        Last edited by Flamingo; 3 March 2011, 21:41.
        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

There is also an ambulance on duty in Bricins, now sure how often they get called out but it is available.

Comment

unusual that civie medics unions are not up in arms...

Comment

Originally posted by debullet View Post
              +1

I can recall a few years ago having to take Mrs TD to Naas A and E - a long saga, but that's
              a story for another time

Anyways, about 3 hours after we had arrived at A and E, and Mrs TD had been seen by
              the duty triage nurse, the ambulance from DFTC arrived

I actually recognised one of the crew members, as he used to DJ at the weekends
              in a night club I used to work in !

He said thay had been called out, as all the HSE ambulances were booked up, and as you say,
              they are there as a backup, ATCP, in other words, just like the DFTC Fire Service

Well done to all concerned

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
              Out of curiosity, what do they wear? A version of paramedic uniforms, or army greens?
              The former....
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                The former....
                not always. The lads on Bricins amb are often seen in No1s (trousers and shirt) but then I suppose they would be less often used for A&E.
                Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                  not always. The lads on Bricins amb are often seen in No1s (trousers and shirt) but then I suppose they would be less often used for A&E
                  You said it....
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Lads in Bricins wear DPMS when on the ambulance, the Duty panel in the curragh wear a green jump suit style uniform, as they are more regularly called out.
                    I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Cheers, I was just curious.

Comment

For those interested, the DF have a number of Ford Transit Wilker Voyager Mk2 in service. The Landrovers are still around. If memory servies me correctly was there not a tender for new ambulances not long as well.
                        Attached Files
                        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Scrimming up this one must be a bugger

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
                            Lads in Bricins wear DPMS when on the ambulance,
                            Yesterday the lad was in no1s.
                            Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Re the picture in #13

I can't place the sign on the wall. Any help?
                              I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                              Who is number 1?

Comment

Working...
                              X