Military Ambulance 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    And you are only expressing your opinion, the difference is I know what I`m talking about.

Goldie what is the point of your link.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      While no expert in these matters, doesn't the presence of certain markings does indeed denote it as an ambulance ( red cross etc ) for Geneva Convention matters and the line ?
      No - A Red Cross or similar emblem will get it special protection under the Geneva Convention. But it doesn't need to carry a Geneva Convention Emblem to still be an ambulance. By removing the emblem, you then allow it to carry weapons which is more practical in Afghanistan where the emblem would mean little.
      It is something similar to British medics now carrying a medic emblem rather than a red cross - no extra protection under Geneva Convention but ability to carry heavier weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
        No - A Red Cross or similar emblem will get it special protection under the Geneva Convention. But it doesn't need to carry a Geneva Convention Emblem to still be an ambulance. By removing the emblem, you then allow it to carry weapons which is more practical in Afghanistan where the emblem would mean little.
        It is something similar to British medics now carrying a medic emblem rather than a red cross - no extra protection under Geneva Convention but ability to carry heavier weapons.
        Excellent answer Docman

Comment

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post

Sorry had to be said...
          Farking smart arse....

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
            And you are only expressing your opinion, the difference is I know what I`m talking about.

Goldie what is the point of your link.
            I thought it was a useful link, crankypants.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
              No1s???? .... I was speaking from personnel experience so I know I'm right!
              I am not disagreeing with you but it just happend that I was in Bricins. The driver of the ambulance was wearing shirt order no1s. I don't know what he was doing. For all I know he could have been on an inspection but that is what he was wearing. I didn't see the second person with the ambulance.
              Last edited by luchi; 10 March 2011, 17:24.
              Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                Ehhh....There's a doctor, nurse and paramedic X2.

EDIT; Heres a video.

Topic: Army medics in Afghanistan. Soldiers & Doctors in NATO.A team of British military doctors and nurses based in Afghanistan are on alert around the cloc...

Sgt Hayley Vendyback is Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!
                nice find RJ, yes she is gorgeous and i think the MERT are better than your average ambulance crew.

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                The wocca isn't really an ambulance, more a dustoff.

No more than a stretcher bearer is a paramedic.
                in times gone by perhaps but modern helicopters are more than battlefield taxi's and usually a fully trained medic if not a whole team will be on most casevacs.

as the British medic says himself in RJ's video - "...we bring the hospital to the casualty - providing an anaesthetic room aswell as an emergency room..."

Its an ambulance
                agreed.

Yeah a few times , but now fire fighters from crab airlines are tasked with that job.
                well well done you - not a nice task for yourself but an angel of mercy to the casualties.
                Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 10 March 2011, 02:43.
                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                X