No announcement yet.

Interesting Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you saying they wear it then or not?

Comment

Look, None of us are ARW (That I know of). Some of us have seen them wearing them and some have not. There is no point in arguing as none of us has access to that kind of information and given the nature of the ARW, it is likely that much lee-way is given to members in relation to dress.

Lets just agree we don't know (Unless any ARW would like to enlighten us)

Comment

Fair enough Docman, it's just that your previous posts contained an element of certainty on the subject.

Comment

What I am certain of is that at least some of them wear the flash. I have no idea what the policy is, but it could be "you wear it if you want" for all I know.

Comment

hi....... i just cant believe people actually give a crap about this stupid photo...... what difference does it make if the lad in the photo is ARW or not?????? really......... Whats the big deal.... And Another point some people here think they just know everything about the big magical ARW..... the ARW are just a bunch of ordinary lads doing a job they are good at........ not a force of super-human mystical gods.... as some people seem to think......... And another point, there is Absolutely NOBODY here that can say that the lad in the photo is ARW or not with absolute 100% certainty....(unless they bloody took the photo)..... so i just dont know why anyone can justify their ridiculous statements on the validity of the photo.....

i.e. Exxxxx and Dxxxxx...... sorry lads ...... but you seem to think that your own opinions are fact without having any real basis for them ...........
            .....mmmm Did you personally know the lad in the photo????........... i very much doubt it........... well anyway... enough of my bitching..... apologies if i upset anyone...... but hey, it is just my humble opinion and not in any way FACT.

Comment

Frank Aiken- You have your own barracks? Where can I get one?

Re the photograph, the DPMs are genuine, but this is meaningless. I could probably get a genuine uniform for any army in the world if I wanted to.

Can anyone see the Irish adaptation to the trigger- for auto/semi-auto fire. This is unique to the Irish DF as far as I know, and this would be a confirmation yes/no as whether it is genuine.

The background is blurry, but it doesn't look like the prison to me (although it has been seom time since I've been there). Looks more like a squash court, and I think there are a few of those in the Curragh.
              Take these men and women for your example.
              Like them, remember that posterity can only
              be for the free; that freedom is the sure
              possession of those who have the
              courage to defend it.
              Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
              If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

I took my over from the brits and then from the free state army, so they named it after me!

Your point "Irish adaptation to the trigger" would be incorrect as the rangers don't have that on there styers, I seen this on a there road show during the summer.

Comment

I thought the triggers of the Steyrs were adapted in this fashion as soon as they entered the country? If not, I stand corrected.
                  courage to defend it.
                  Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.

Comment

Hang on. Rewind. The ARW have started doing roadshows?
                    courage to defend it.

Comment

They often do one round PDF posts to encourage applications for there selection course.......

I'll say no more

Comment

Ah... I was under the long term illusion that little encouragement was required to get a large number of applicants for the selection course.
                        courage to defend it.

Comment

The roadshows are used to promote the unit with in the Defence Forces, but primarily to potential candidates for selection. Selected weapons and equipment used by the unit are put on display. Tips in preparation for the selection course are covered. This will include what physical training and equipment a candidate must have before presenting himself/herself for selection. Again the roadshows are not just for potential candidates and is open to any persons PDF/RDF.
                          Glaine ár gcroí
                          Neart ár ngéag
                          Agus beart de réir ár mbriathar

Comment

Would this be any help?
                            "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                            Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                            Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

This 'special adaptation on the trigger ' as you so call it is the actually correctly known as the ALO automatic lock out...........Seems to me for such a secrective unit a lot of people here pertain to know more about the unit than probably the members themselves.....which leads me to wonder about the actual overall scenario...why are people casting dispersions on a photograph....I've met thge guy who posted it...Docman.....and if he says it s genuine...it is!
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X