Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Photo

Courtesy of chuck6dsmilitarypage@groups.msn.com

Hope you don't mind chuck, got in a plug for your site.

Caption says "ARW Patrol member with Steyr A2 M203 with MEPRO 21 reflex and laser pointer"
    Attached Files

unifrom looks different maybe its just washed out, i have my doubts

Comment

Note the Brit DPM Chestrig, Nomex gloves?, Fianoglach on Bush hat, and interesting velcro patch on top of hat. Any guesses anyone?

Also seems to have the new radio system switch? just below his right hand.

Comment

The drop leg hulster does n't look right, but where one somebody get that styer if they were not in the ARW?
        Even the pistol does look right?

Comment

The pistol is a Sig.

Comment

The velcro could be for attaching a high-vis or IR reflective patch to aid in recognition by aircraft.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

For his rank marking of course....so he can be recognised while he is having a Kip!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

interesting.....
                Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

wat it might be if he was in timor is for personnal mossie net, if it was attached in the centre it would be easier to push back from face.

Comment

Interesting.........Anyhow good work....:flagwave:

Comment

Looks ropy, the Ranger tab appears to be worn in the fashion US rangers wear theirs, the weaposn could all be replicas, the gloves make me more suspicious...any picture I've seen of modern special forces types including the ARW, have featured either no gloves or protective (i.e. leather, kevlar or Nomex) types.
                      Those look like Meraklon Marigolds.
                      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

The picture is genuine and was taken in The Curragh Camp.
                        Glaine ár gcroí
                        Neart ár ngéag
                        Agus beart de réir ár mbriathar

Comment

If it was taken at the curragh, well and good, however such photos are infamously unreliable in that there are airsoft recreationalists who would spare no expense in creating the most realistic and believable rigs... i doubt that photo is airsoft... but its just my paranoid side nagging me nevertheless.

Comment

This photo comes from a reliable source.

Comment

Correct Link

Regards etc

Comment

Working...
                              X