New Rank Slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rank Slides

Just a quick question out of curiosity. I was just glancing through the DF website and saw two pictures, one of the cheif of staff and the other of GOC 1 s Bde. Both had gold coloured rank markings with a red background on their sliders in DPM dress. Juust wondering if there is a new type of rank marking on issue now.

Just for the General Staff it seems. They have a new capbadge too.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Not sure about green sliders for DPM wear, but there was always a red backing to general staffs' rank markings.

Comment

Just for the General Staff it seems. They have a new capbadge too.
        I would imagine the fact that the COS wears his Glengarry with his DPMs caused some of the problem as there is no backing to an officers Glengarry badge and given the colour behing a general officers badge is red it was decide to change all to suit.

You will note that previous COS wore Green Sliders and regular berets wile in DPM but wore the collar patches of a gneral officer.

I think it looks awful and the green sliders should have been retained on the DPM uniform, and leave the Cap badges the same.Beret should be universal working dress...even to Cavalry and retain the Glengarry as ceremonial dress as RDF officers did....which did show a little bit of cop on.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Pretty sure there was a conversation about this somewhere on the forum.

I think it was in a thread about the DF's flickr page. I'd post a link if i could find it!

Comment

Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

Working...
            X