X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98th Recruit Platoon

Ahh. Good times

Comment

great pics, the lads look very professional and it seems getting beasted nicely.

thanks for sharing sledger.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Another caption competition special....

" Hey ma, any chance of throwing these combats in the washing machine for me ? "
        Last edited by Truck Driver; 2 June 2011, 03:59.
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

i LOVED doing "not - scratch" on PNCO!!!!!
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
            i LOVED doing "not - scratch" on PNCO!!!!!
            Funny,cos that the one syllabus where it is actually written down as just that!
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Outside of recruit training , are company pennants carried on each platoon or company run ?
              Last edited by knocker; 3 June 2011, 17:13.
              Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                Outside of recruit training , are company pennants carried on each platoon or company run ?
                very American isn't it?
                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

"WTF, don't tell me the washing machine is broken"
                  I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                  Who is number 1?

Comment

??
                    Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                      ??
                      Its only a new thing..recruits only during training outside of Bks..The recent Cadet class did a charity battle march from the Curragh to Galway and also carried a pennant.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

They sometimes carry them for the block runs in the An Cosantoir 10k I think

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            They sometimes carry them for the block runs in the An Cosantoir 10k I think
                            That too.

Comment

All cadet classes have a pennant designed by the class and carried
                              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Working...
                              X