Combat marksmanship coach qualification course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat marksmanship coach qualification course

I passed this course in December 2010 at 15 Bde Strensall York. This course enables me and coach soldiers/officers to improve their shooting.
    Do the PDF/RDF have anything ike this.

SKILL AT ARMS
    COMBAT MARKSMANSHIP COACH QUALIFICATION COURSE (CMCQ) – SA (K)
    AIM

To qualify students to coach Combat Marksmanship. From Apr 2010, on successful completion of
    the course, the new SA (K) qualification will be awarded. This includes the following;
    a. Act as a Safety Supervisor on the Firing Point during LFMT.
    b. Act as OIC Butts (Gallery.CGR) and Console (ETR) during LFMT.
    There will be no conversion course for personnel who have attended the course prior to this date, if they
    want the new qualification they will have to attend the relevant modules on the new course.
    ELIGIBILITY
    2. Substantive JNCOs and above.

This qualification is now also awarded to regular forces; therefore regular forces will be eligible to
    attend (on a top up basis only) and gain the qualification, this includes MPGS. Priority must be given
    to the TA.
    PRE-COURSE REQUIREMENTS
    4. Eligible Students must have completed a Weapon Handling Test on their personal weapon to the
    required standard within 6 months of attending.
    OBJECTIVES
    5. On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
    a. State and explain the principles of coaching.
    b. Coach grouping and zeroing practices.
    c. Coach elementary and advanced application of fire practices.
    d. Coach advanced application of fire practices.
    e. Operate an AMS lane monitor
    f. Successful completion of the course qualifies Reserve, Regular Forces and MPGS to
    attend the RMQ course
    COURSE DURATION AND TYPE
    6. A 4 day centralised course.
    7. Normally Strensall, but may vary according to range availability.
    AWARDS
    8. Combat Marksmanship Coach qualification
    SA (K)
    COURSE CAPACITY

9. ?

All NCOs are trained in coaching on the range.

A Standard NCO course qualifies a sergeant to run the butts, in the PDF it also qualifies them to run range practices for some weapons.

There is different courses to operate the pop-up targets and the AMS is grand new to the DF.

Comment

well done on getting those courses under your belt R&S - very valuable indeed.

i've done the 2 week RMQ (Range Management Qualification - SA(B)90) which covers every aspect of range firing from writing RASP's to conducting Pistol and Machine Gun shoots etc.

we also get the DCCT (Dismounted Close Combat Trainer) Managers qual out of it too.

Soldiers, NCO's and Officers are not allowed supervise in any capacity on any range unless RMQ'd.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
        Do the PDF/RDF have anything ike this.
        Well, the PDF does.

I can't remember the name of the Cse off hand but it's ran through BTC East for the lads in the East.

A few of my mates went to the range with the Cse and were used as students for the lads on the Cse. The level of instruction is supposedly very good, goes beyond what lads are taught on their PNCO's Cse, Standards Cse etc.
        Last edited by Hello Alaska; 26 May 2011, 19:27.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
          well done on getting those courses under your belt R&S - very valuable indeed.

i've done the 2 week RMQ (Range Management Qualification - SA(B)90) which covers every aspect of range firing from writing RASP's to conducting Pistol and Machine Gun shoots etc.

we also get the DCCT (Dismounted Close Combat Trainer) Managers qual out of it too.

Soldiers, NCO's and Officers are not allowed supervise in any capacity on any range unless RMQ'd.

I wanted to do the RMQ course but I dont have the rank......yet. Would also like to do the SAA course but need be better aquainted with GPMG and pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
            I can't remember the name of the Cse off hand but it's ran through BTC East for the lads in the East.

I knew it as a Range management course.

Comment

Originally posted by B Inman View Post
              I knew it as a Range management course.
              It still is called that.

Comment

Well done
                'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

SKILL AT ARMS
                  RANGE MANAGEMENT QUALIFICATION (RMQ) - SA (B) (90)
                  AIM
                  1. To qualify students to conduct Live firing SA (B) 90 as specified in Infantry Training Volume IV
                  Pamphlet 21.
                  ELIGIBILITY
                  2. Substantive Lance Corporals or above in the Territorial Army. From Apr 2010 LCpls/LBdrs will be
                  eligible to attend the RMQ phase providing they have completed the following Pre-Course requirements:
                  On successful completion of the RMQ phase, LCpls/LBds will be awarded the SA (B) (90) Qualification, but
                  will only be allowed to plan and conduct NDA Ranges. On reaching the minimum rank of Acting Cpl/Bdr,
                  they will then, in accordance with Infantry Training Volume IV Pamphlet 21 be able to use the whole
                  qualification. Regular Forces may also attend providing they have completed the CMCQ Course. However
                  priority must be given to the TA.
                  PRE-COURSE REQUIREMENTS
                  3. Eligible Students must:
                  a. Have completed a Weapon Handling Test on their personal weapon to the required
                  standard within 6 months of attending.
                  b. Have passed the Combat Marksmanship Coach Qualification course.
                  c. Are DIT Qualified
                  OBJECTIVES
                  4. On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
                  a. Train the battle shot.
                  b. Organise a range activity.
                  c. Comply with Pamphlet 21 rules.
                  d. Comply with range standing orders.
                  e. Conduct firing on all ranges listed in Infantry Training Volume IV Pamphlet 21 requiring
                  qualification of SA (B) (90).
                  f. Control the Butts.
                  g. Control console operations and AMS equipment.
                  COURSE DURATION AND TYPE
                  5. A 6 day centralised course.
                  6. Normally Strensall but may vary according to range availability.
                  AWARDS
                  7. Successful completion of the course will:
                  Qualify students as SA (B) (90) in accordance with Infantry Training Volume IV Pamphlet 21.

JPA Course Code
                  :
                  COURSE CAPACITY

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    All NCOs are trained in coaching on the range.

A Standard NCO course qualifies a sergeant to run the butts, in the PDF it also qualifies them to run range practices for some weapons.

There is different courses to operate the pop-up targets and the AMS is grand new to the DF.
                    Right and wrong.
                    Standard cse qualifies you to run Butts and do range documentation.It does NOT qualify you to run practices.You must complete either a range managers or LFTT course to do that.
                    Also there is a new stand alone Coaching course in the PDF.They have'nt ran one yet though AFAIK.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Does the Std NCO course not include the range management course?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        Does the Std NCO course not include the range management course?
                        nop..separate cse all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
                          It still is called that.
                          Nah there's a new coaching cse, seperate from the Range Managers Cse.

Originally posted by apod View Post
                          Also there is a new stand alone Coaching course in the PDF.They have'nt ran one yet though AFAIK.
                          They've ran one in BTC East AFAIK, with another one being advertised at the moment. Few of my mates went the range with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                            Nah there's a new coaching cse, seperate from the Range Managers Cse.

They've ran one in BTC East AFAIK, with another one being advertised at the moment. Few of my mates went the range with them.

I know there is a separate cse, but the range managers cse is still called the range manager cse.. I put in for the new cse.

Comment

Five separate cses.
                              LFTT Instructor.
                              Range Manager
                              Unit small arms coaching course(I looked it up)
                              DIRT Instructor.
                              DIRT operator.

When the LFTT quals are fully implemented current range mangers quals will be reduced to conducting gallery ranges only.PAM 21 is the new standard for ranges(for us,bout time) and their will probably be a new course on the AMS or possibly a change to the range managers syllabus.
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                              X