Medical - eyesight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical - eyesight

Well, I have completed the paperwork in to join the Rdf and when I eventually get the call I want to make sure I have everything in order.
    I wear glasses and my prescription is pretty strong, with them I can see perfect , but I understand that I must be tested without them – does anyone have any information on these standards or can anyone with glasses that are in the Rdf / Pdf could tell me their experiences.
    I would greatly appreciate any information as joining the Rdf means allot to me .and I look forward to becoming a committed member
    Thanks

Originally posted by Guihen View Post
    I understand that I must be tested without them – does anyone have any information on these standards or can anyone with glasses that are in the Rdf / Pdf could tell me their experiences.
    The test is probably nothing like what you have done before.

I don't know why they dothe test both with and without glasses but you would need to be blind without them not to pass as long as you or able to see well with them.
    Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by Guihen View Post
      Well, I have completed the paperwork in to join the Rdf and when I eventually get the call I want to make sure I have everything in order.
      I wear glasses and my prescription is pretty strong, with them I can see perfect , but I understand that I must be tested without them – does anyone have any information on these standards or can anyone with glasses that are in the Rdf / Pdf could tell me their experiences.
      I would greatly appreciate any information as joining the Rdf means allot to me .and I look forward to becoming a committed member
      Thanks
      I'm pretty sure that is NOT the case

Unless the regulations have changed, I'm pretty sure it runs along the lines
      of "... where spectacles need to be worn to attain the required standard, spectacles
      shall be worn to the medical examination...."

But obviously, if your eyesight is not up to standard WITH glasses, then there is nothing
      you can do

Also, you will be tested for colour blindness as part of the examination
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
        I'm pretty sure that is NOT the case

Unless the regulations have changed, I'm pretty sure it runs along the lines
        of "... where spectacles need to be worn to attain the required standard, spectacles
        shall be worn to the medical examination...."

But obviously, if your eyesight is not up to standard WITH glasses, then there is nothing
        you can do
        This is incorrect - eyesight is tested both with and without glasses.

Comment

Best of luck and I salute your determination to serve.

You can check on-line if you are colour blind, just google colour blind test..

Comment

Barry speaks the truthm, there is a standard that must be achieved both with and without

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
              Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Barry speaks the truthm, there is a standard that must be achieved both with and without
              Ahh, so it HAS changed then....
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                Didn't I not just say that.

And that is the way it has been for about 20 years.

I assume that the reason you didn't know is that you never presented yourself for test with glasses on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Thanks for the replys but im still nt sure if il meet the required standard withut the glasses i know 4 a fact im not coulor blind as i did a medical for the esb and that was one of the tests.
                  when i was trying to find this information on previous threads i heard of something called "eyesight grades" 1-2-3 3 being the minimum for entry into the rdf , dose anyone have any information about these grades or know where i could find out??
                  Thanks

Comment

I don't have the grades but from what I know of people that have been tested over the years unless you have some sort of tunnel vision you have little to worry about.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Working...
                    X