"Subs" in the PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Subs" in the PDF

I've found out that I am on the subs list for PDF training. What will this mean in terms of training? I found-out over the phone so I don't much info on "subs" and what thay do. Any info will be nice.
    Thanks in advance!
    :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave:

Apparently there is a panel of 20 subs and if there are non-showers on the day that the recruit platoon gets sworn in then the shortfall is made up from the subs.
    I don't know if the next recruit platoon is then drawn form the subs panel and the shortfall made up of new recruits, perhaps someone else can answer this.
    And also how many recurit platoons are each brigade planning on taking in and what is the time frame??
    "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

You mean you get kicked out if you don't shower:D

Comment

Subs are also used to replace the few who will get scared of the abuse dished out to them in the first few weeks.

Comment

How long into the recruit traing can a sub be called in to repalce someone? I persume it as to be in the first few weeks?
          "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

I'm not sure but I do know that they replaced people in my platoon a few weeks after training began. The later replacements were ex-soldiers anyway so they did not need as much training. If my memory serves me correctly, they replaced about 5 guys with at least 1-2 leaving in the first 2 days. Then after a few weeks they did not replace those who left.

Comment

let us know if you get called up 3*

-Y
              Meh.

Comment

Thanks, you help a lot. Still have'nt got the letter though.
                :-patriot: :-patriot: :-patriot:

Comment

We just got a a bunch of new lads in and we're three weeks into training ( not counting the 2 introduction weeks cos they are a joke)
                  Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

whats a sub??? please explain.... is it a reservist called up to join PDF???:-patriot:
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Morpheus, scenario: you have applied for the pdf ,there are 20 vacancies, you are number 23, you are not getting the job unless at least three people dropout. You are a sub.

Also shortened word for submarine.....but thats a different story.

Regards etc

Comment

do u mean that a sub is some1 who just applied in the latest recruitment drive or that is it an RDF person who applied, l

ike im 27, so too old for direct PDF recruitment :( if i joined RDF could i then apply to join army and get subbed??
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

A sub is, as in football,anyone "on the bench" ie in reserve.

Anyone = rdf or civvie.

The age limit is 25, there is no allowance for rdf service.

Regards etc

Comment

ah sh*te... stupid bloody age limits again.... grumble grumble... so im STILL off to the BA i suppose....

Comment

Have you looked at NS recruitment? It has happened on the past that people to old to join the Army have joined the NS for a few years then transferred.

Comment

Working...
                              X