• Cosantor
    replied
    Congrads & Good Luck!!

Leave a comment:

• 3 Star Pte FCA
    Corporal

• 3 Star Pte FCA
    replied
    Ya i'm been got a leter that said that i was training in clonmel, i will be reporting at Collins Barracks, Cork on the 16 of feb.

Leave a comment:

• Cosantor
    replied
    Well I have the answer the Subs from the recruitment drive in the Southern Brigade, that was held in December and beginning their training in Feburary. They did not have to do medicals again as the original medical still held.
    So it appears that a list is held and the subs are used for the next intake whenwver that occours, in the case that was only 6 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    Why Groundhog are you dare trying to suggest that experienced Soldiers in the NS do not have the same fitness levels as recently promoted 2*'s in the Infantry?? :D

Leave a comment:

• Groundhog
    Chief of the Diet Tribe

• Groundhog
    replied
    that people to old to join the Army have joined the NS for a few years then transferred.

The powers that be are trying to discourage this by making transferees do 2* training to qualify them as infantry. Quite difficult to pass unless you come straight off basic training.

Leave a comment:

• dubboy
    Guest replied
    I was a Sub. I joined my Unit 1 week into training after they kicked some idiots out. So it's possible that you will be called, even if they have a full platoon.

Leave a comment:

• Earhart
    replied
    MOD: Deleted background chatter.
    Joshua
    Searcher :)
    Last edited by Joshua; 1 December 2003, 23:37.

Leave a comment:

• medic
    Guest replied
    No Kermit, join the BA and see the world, join the legion and see bits of africa no one has ever heard of

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    Space Lord of Terra

• morpheus
    replied
    ive looked at this issue a lot in the last year, i want to be an officer, so i dont think any route is open, even if i wanted to be NS and NOT an officer, they wouldnt let me in, 27-28 too old :(

Leave a comment:

• yellowjacket
    Potential Liability

• yellowjacket
    replied
    Have you looked at NS recruitment? It has happened on the past that people to old to join the Army have joined the NS for a few years then transferred.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    Space Lord of Terra

• morpheus
    replied
    ah sh*te... stupid bloody age limits again.... grumble grumble... so im STILL off to the BA i suppose....

Leave a comment:

• Joshua

• Joshua
    replied
    A sub is, as in football,anyone "on the bench" ie in reserve.

Anyone = rdf or civvie.

The age limit is 25, there is no allowance for rdf service.

Regards etc

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    Space Lord of Terra

• morpheus
    replied
    do u mean that a sub is some1 who just applied in the latest recruitment drive or that is it an RDF person who applied, l

ike im 27, so too old for direct PDF recruitment :( if i joined RDF could i then apply to join army and get subbed??

Leave a comment:

• Joshua

• Joshua
    replied
    Morpheus, scenario: you have applied for the pdf ,there are 20 vacancies, you are number 23, you are not getting the job unless at least three people dropout. You are a sub.

Also shortened word for submarine.....but thats a different story.

Regards etc

Leave a comment:

Working...
X