Any Good Pics of GPMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Good Pics of GPMG?

any body know where i can get good pics of the GPMG.
    Thanks.

Here ya go.

Also:

Attached Files

Comment

Look at what the Brits are getting! Lucky feckers!!

Comment

As a MAG lover (who OWNS his very own bona fide hallowed SLING for Ex's!!!)... im Jealous :(
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9690614&type=1
          lovely bit of kit - almost 2Kg lighter with a few other enhancements.

nice colour too.

had a play with one but haven't fired it yet.

great to see investment in more 7.62 at section level.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Is it not the 7.62mm Minimi?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Is it not the 7.62mm Minimi?
              as far as i know we have also purchased the 7.62 Minimi - perhaps the assaulting fire-team will have the 7.62 Minimi and the supporting fire-team will have the new lightweight Gimpy?

or perhaps para and air assault battalions will have the new GPMG and other roles will have the 7.62 Minimi?

we wait and see.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Could the purchase of the 7.62 Minimi be an urgent operational requirement purchase?

The DF were looking at modifying the MAG, I don't know how seriously though.
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

as far as i know we have also purchased the 7.62 Minimi - perhaps the assaulting fire-team will have the 7.62 Minimi and the supporting fire-team will have the new lightweight Gimpy?
                  Wasn't the whole idea of two identical fireteams the ability to carry out each role if required?
                  or perhaps para and air assault battalions will have the new GPMG and other roles will have the 7.62 Minimi?
                  Surely a lighter more compact Minimi would suit Para/AA units better???
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

not sure what the thinking is on this apod - still in development as we re-role from what i have seen / heard.
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

A 7.62 minimimiiiii ? Is this another small step back to a full calibre 7.62 weaponed rifle section./PLATOON, THE DF DMR, with upgraded FN as spotter, now THE BRITS with a minimiiiiii 7.62 weapon, Perhaps a gradual realization that the 5.56 is just not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9690614&type=1
                        do i see just infront of the folding stock an (m) for manroy???
                        good luck with that

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
                          Could the purchase of the 7.62 Minimi be an urgent operational requirement purchase?

The DF were looking at modifying the MAG, I don't know how seriously though.
                          7.62 MINIMI/MK48 do not have the same service life as the MAG and its variants and as such are being purchased as short term measures for the most part as they are available off the shelf from FN.

The new lightweight FN MAG variants such as the HK L7A2, FN USA M240L Swedish Ksp 58D are more long term solutions looking taking in new materials and designs such as fluted barrels to shave a substantial amount of weight, whilst maintaining the life cycle of the MAG. Thing is, this costs a fair bit more, adding perhaps up to 20-30% to the cost of the weapon for bulk purchasers like the UK and USA. 10K's are what are being talked about for these bad boys.....
                          Last edited by northie; 22 June 2012, 19:49.

Comment

10K EXTRA , seems a hell of a lot for just shaving off a few pounds. ( although I will not be lugging it around, have done... ) For 10k u could buy a lot of equipment for a section : An RPG plus ammo etc, all sorts of med kit. etc. Western infantry weapomn are just getting so exspensive and complicated with additional add ons coming on stream all of the time. Perhaps the balance has to be found between cost and effectiveness

Comment

Working...
                            X