SA-80 Mark 2 K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA-80 Mark 2 K

Has anybody seen the above rifle it is a shortened version of the SA-80. Apparently Medics and Tankies are getting first choice on it.

"The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

jasus FM...you sure know how to get those pics fairly prompt like!
      Last edited by Joshua; 6 December 2003, 20:46.
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Interesting that the optic sights are on the weapon, usually non infantry combat units used the metal sights.
        Last edited by Joshua; 6 December 2003, 20:45.
        "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

But is all the weight still in the butt?
          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

looks almost like an airsoft gun

Comment

dont know much about the sa 80 L86 except your local bin man would be confused as wether to place it in the recycle bin or send it to landfill i am under the impression the manufaturers offered the weapon with different barrell lenghts but the mod chose a standard model for all arms id be highly suprised if they would waste money on short barreled models
              "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

looks like a good idea, i would like to fire it to see how it feels, i have not heard anything about it yet. But I have to admit i like the idea of it. I'm surprised the paras have not got first issues of it yet
                More fun than tap dancing on a landmine!

Comment

I have a pic of the SA-80K which is different from FMolloys.

Any comments?

Taken from
                  http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ighlight=steyr
                  Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone else think it looks even shorter than the one in the first pic?
                    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
                      Does anyone else think it looks even shorter than the one in the first pic?
                      It would appear to be - look at the front grip and compare with the length of barrel in front of the trigger. The first picture has a name SA80BP not SA80K if that makes a difference.
                      Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Now you can have a shortened SA 80...... that still jams.
                        "The tide doesn't come up for another six hours, you want to wait around here for another six hours ?"

Comment

Looks like the SA 80 really wants to grow up and be just like its big sister the Steyr. Is the SA 80 modular just like Steyr because if it isn't shouldnt they just equip Vehicle / Non combat troops with an MP5 PDW or similar. The new SA 80 is just a rehash of a very flawed design. It's now 2004 and British troops are going to war with a weapon called the Small Arm for the 80's. As much as we complain about having no Fighter jets etc. I reckon Irish troops have better personal equipment than the Brits.

Comment

Isn't the SA-80 mechanism based off the AR-18? If so, it's better than most. Only problem is they muffed up the initial execution of it.

NTM
                            Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

You are correct Tanker.

Comment

Working...
                              X