No announcement yet.

Defence Force Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on the Ford SRVs, which are supposed to fill this role in the Irish army?
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

The Landrovers in the pic had a tarp on the back frame, no weapon mount for the passenger (that I could see) and a more complicated ring mount.
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

The star today

Just after seeing the star today
        Shows a landrover with HMG and GPMG on it, looks like a standard 110 with the weapons added.Not far off the one in pic above, any body got any info on these, where did they get them?
        Last edited by Joshua; 6 December 2003, 21:42.

Comment

It looks like one of the old 110s, it was probably resurrected for the wing pending the arrival of the fords
          Last edited by Joshua; 6 December 2003, 21:41.
          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Read it also and the call the panhards "light tanks".
            Nice to see the new landrovers out there (same as the Brits have out in Iraq).
            Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
            http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

I don't think those are new landies, I reckon they've just refitted the "recce" landrovers they used for the infantry school up to the mid 90s.
              The actual new purchase SRVs will be bigger and meaner fords.
              Panhard=Light Tank=bit fkn rich!
              Last edited by Joshua; 6 December 2003, 21:41.

Comment

They looked pretty new to me when they were on the news and in the photos in the paper
                Last edited by Joshua; 6 December 2003, 21:40.
                Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

The one in the star looked b...anjacjsed

Comment

From what i can see in the star,they are using the above pictured Vehicle,the Land Rover Special reconaissance Vehicle,but in Left hand drive,like most of the vehicles now going overseas(DROPS)
                    The Important thing,in my opinion,was the colour....Not White.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Re: heh

Originally posted by JRodery
                      The effectiveness of any unit with humvees
                      decreases drastically.

Not because they aren't wonderful at what they do,
                      but because the first thing any true American soldier asks
                      himself whenever he gets inside of one is " I wonder if I can wreck this. "

Speak for yourself, dude. I'm going to Iraq in a Hummer and I'm none too happy about it. Then again, I did trade an M1 for it, so it -has- to be a step down...

HMMWV is great at transporting things/people from A to B over the worst terrain, but it's horrible to fight from with restricted movement. (Try debussing from a Hummer). The thing is already bloody cramped for me, it's only going to get worse with the computer terminals.

NTM
                      Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Working...
                      X