Army Entry At 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Entry At 25

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get into the Army at 25?

Join the Naval Service.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

If I was to join the Navy, what chance would I have of transferring to the Army? If I could, how long would it take?

Comment

I had the same problem. When I queried it, I was told that transferring to the Army from the Naval service was such a problem that naval authorities were stamping it out. That was 3 years ago.

Comment

Any particluar reason why the army wont take recruits at 25?

Could this be considered age discrimination? The DF had to equalise their height requirements because of discrimination laws.
          With 50,000 men getting killed a week, who's going to miss a pigeon?

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

Comment

It looks like the only way to move from the Navy is to apply for a DF-wide position & hope that you get it. Examples of such jobs would be ATC, SAR & CASA radar operator in the Air Corp. The only Army one I can think of is the ARW, but I'm sure there's more than that.

As for the age limit, it was lowered to reduce the age profile of the Army. I can see them raising it again in the future.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

if they raise it, what would it be to? and when would it be likely?

Comment

The raising of the age limit is just speculation, don't get your hopes up.

Comment

Join a Foreign Army,problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket
                    Could this be considered age discrimination? The DF had to equalise their height requirements because of discrimination laws.
                    On further checking it turns out that the DF, Gardai and Prison Service have an exemption from the age and disability equality provisions.

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/retirement/e...mployment.html
                    With 50,000 men getting killed a week, who's going to miss a pigeon?

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

Comment

Foreign Legion will take you on until you hit 40, hope you like sand and wine though!:D

Comment

Join the navy, become a radio operator and then transfer to Army CIS. Once you are in the CIS unit transfer to any place else that you may want to go. A better idea would be transfer to the Air Corps on an ATC course and get the automatic rank of Flight Sergeant and then go to the Army as a Company Sergeant. That way you can skip all the formalities of promotion and training courses. Of course that would be a fairytale and would probably be impossible to achieve....Good Luck!!

Comment

Or you could join the NS,and stay there....Army is overrated...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I joined the navy to see the world....and what did I see? I saw the sea!!

Comment

How come the age restrictions vary so much from the Army to the Navy?

Comment

Working...
                              X