No announcement yet.

Attn FCA Personnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction of IT2000 tests could rid us of a lot of that sort of recruit. Better training would improve the image of the RDF and weed out the no-hopers. Yes, we still receive orders to go easier on recruits so as not to scare them away. There's no need for bullying - treat all of them equally bad.
    I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

A pass fail yearly Fitness Test is the one of many options open to improve our image. If we ditch the wasters first day with a fitness test on application to join. It could work. Training would also has to be improved that is a fact. That is a fact.
      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Admin: Wiped :p

Comment

This Guy has to be a ex FCA man. When I was in my recruit training we had a load of FCA boys who'd joined up. The funny thing was that from the moment they arrived on barracks they were giving their former collegues some terrible stick. Absolute empty heads.I have to say that as a general rule they made better and more enthusiastic soldiers than the rest of us. It was great to see them get their rifles for the first time , they were a bunch of gunnuts really. As for myself and the other lads with no history in the FCA , we just saw it as a job and that the rifles and uniforms while being fairly cool were just another bloody thing we had to clean. The FCA boys showered them with loving attention. So I suppose I do worry about a bunch of people who'd rather spend a night freezing in the glen holding a Steyr than a week of loving with a member of the opposite sex. The thing is , they are good soldiers and I'd be all for them having a more active role(i can say that now that I've left). They do frighten me a bit though, I mean who could do all that for fun unless you are mad???

Comment

Tally ho Lancer, well said!!

Hope Dingo Digger Chalks joins us here soon!!

Comment

Fair play to ya Lancer, I think you've summed up the FCA rather well, as the saying goes, "you don't have to be mad but it helps!"

Comment

Mad as a march hair but man enough to say it.

If we didn't like it we wouldn't do it.
                As posted before the bad attitude towards the RDF comes mainly from disgruntled former members who couldn't have as cushy anumber as they though in the DF.

No doubt this guy will retire in a number of years from now sit in the pub and rcount his many happy years in the army
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Well said Lancer, Good to hear it
                  Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                  http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

My Whole Hearted Thanks to lancer and his kind words
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

end of thread?
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Admin: Wiped :p

Comment

Working...
                        X