No announcement yet.

Mowag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you think the email from to the unit commander would have gone?

Comment

I doubt very much if anybody would actually go to the bother of taking it further. Any SNCO or Officer would be a complete twat if he made an issue out of a harmless gag, especially one that only insiders would get.

regards
      GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
        I doubt very much if anybody would actually go to the bother of taking it further. Any SNCO or Officer would be a complete twat if he made an issue out of a harmless gag, especially one that only insiders would get.

regards
        GttC
        Exactly, if I was gonna ride anyone for that one it would be the joker that set him up before going on camera. And then it would be good humoured riding

Comment

In fairness, I don't think a civvie would have spotted the upside down capbadge. I don't think I would have noticed myself unless it had been was pointed out.

Comment

"Exercise Armoured Reproach marked the first occasion where Live Fire Tactical Training was conducted as part of an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) Crewman's Course. Over three days, 21 student crewmen, 16 student sniper instructors and 40 dismounts drawn from 1 Mechanised Infantry Company progressed from static live fire to a Mechanised Infantry Platoon (+) Combined Arms Live Fire Exercise setting a new standard for future Mechanised Infantry Live Fire Tactical Training."

Comment

"1 MIC recent exercises in the Wicklow and Louth areas.

1 Mechanised Infantry Company (1 MIC) is the DFs largest Mechanised Unit. The Company maintains the Infantry Corp's fleet of Mowag Piranha III DRWS APCs and trains the Infantry's APC crews across the army."

The video description should say Meath and not Louth.

Comment

The Army has got a virtual reality Mowag crewman simulator for driving and gunnery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VR 1.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	736004 Click image for larger version

Name:	VR 2.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	736005

Comment

While this is welcome, is it not a bit late in their lives for this?
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                    While this is welcome, is it not a bit late in their lives for this?
                    I am sure the Sim can be updated to any platform we procure in the future. It's a VR headset, and a Joystick connected to a PC with a good GPU at the end of the day, the software on top is likely a representation of the internal of the Mowag, so if the Boxer comes to these shores in the next few year, we can update to that.
                    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Havn't they been trialing out this type of VR training system for a while?
                      I seem to remember something similar being displayed at the DF stall at the last Ploughing Championship before covid, back in 2019?
                      It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                      It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                      It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                      It was the year everything changed.

Comment

Originally posted by CTU View Post
                        Havn't they been trialing out this type of VR training system for a while?
                        I seem to remember something similar being displayed at the DF stall at the last Ploughing Championship before covid, back in 2019?
                        Does it stem from MORIGEN ?

Comment

no, different things, side-by-side though.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

So the MLU includes a requirement for a dual RWS (from the publicly available spending proposals) are we thinking HMG/GMG or just adding a secondary GPMG?

I see Kongsberg support an RWS mounted 30mm (low recoil) cannon in their Protector dual mount
                            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Come-quickly View Post
                              So the MLU includes a requirement for a dual RWS (from the publicly available spending proposals) are we thinking HMG/GMG or just adding a secondary GPMG?

I see Kongsberg support an RWS mounted 30mm (low recoil) cannon in their Protector dual mount
                              I can’t remember but I think it is as you have outlined

plus upgradable to include Javelin bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Come-quickly View Post

All Infantry Mowag APCs have replaced their Helio turrets with the DRWS. The main armament is either a HMG or GMG and the coax is a MAG.

Comment

Working...
                                X